Unsworth

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hope @Chaddyexile84is ok, he is right in that sometimes we have to take a break from the heat of message boards.

I absolutely agree. However, I'd say this is a lot better than the #oafc hashtag. I joined up to Twitter once solely to post Oldham Athletic stuff. I had to come off. So toxic. Saying that, Twitter as a whole is toxic. 

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

1 minute ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I absolutely agree. However, I'd say this is a lot better than the #oafc hashtag. I joined up to Twitter once solely to post Oldham Athletic stuff. I had to come off. So toxic. Saying that, Twitter as a whole is toxic. 

Yes, in real life we'd probably get on fine, have a pint and a laugh together, but the anonymity of the net means we can slip into keyboard warrior mould. Done it myself in reactions, when In reality I'm quite a passive guy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, in real life we'd probably get on fine, have a pint and a laugh together, but the anonymity of the net means we can slip into keyboard warrior mould. Done it myself in reactions, when In reality I'm quite a passive guy.

Agreed. The Internet/Social Media feels like it has gone worse since the introduction of Smartphones. It felt fairly peaceful before that. I just think people care far too much about their online persona and they seem to forget that real life is a lot different to online. 

13 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At the risk of doing a BP1960 Im leaving here now. Far to toxic and full of BS. Shame as it used to be a good place.

I go into hospital on Friday so have bigger issues to deal with.

Good luck all, we all want the same thing (most of us). Ill try to remember the prefiction league 

Genuinely all the best, Chaddy with your health issues. You'll be back ! 😀

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Maidstone and Nottingham County were pretty much wins too, then we've got two draws (Chester and Peterbrough) that we ended up winning on pens and that's before we even talk about the 1-1 at Maidenhead that we were told we would definitely have lost earlier in the season. So that makes it 7 and a half wins in 20 and all of a sudden doesn't look too bad...

Yawn 🥱 It’s not even funny anymore 

16 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At the risk of doing a BP1960 Im leaving here now. Far to toxic and full of BS. Shame as it used to be a good place.

Good luck all, we all want the same thing (most of us). Ill try to remember the prefiction league 

Best wishes re your health and hopefully a few wins will prove a tonic to us all !!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Agreed. The Internet/Social Media feels like it has gone worse since the introduction of Smartphones. It felt fairly peaceful before that. I just think people care far too much about their online persona and they seem to forget that real life is a lot different to online. 

When you communicate through social media you are taking away people's body language and facial expressions and the tone they are communicating in so how what people are saying can be alot more open to misinterpretation.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:17 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

best wishes for your hospital visit mate, Latics will still be here for you when you feel able to return

14 hours ago, Clifford said:

Says more about the people fawning over the cockney Mo Lemsagam 

Decent bloke, fairly entertaining, people interested in what he has to say and has shown respect to our lot.

It's fine to show you like someone for their qualities - rather than just call people cringe cause you think it's not cool or it's for some reason embarrassing to do so.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've read his comments regarding his no-show for the post match interview. Says it was pre-planned. Also said that he pulled out of Colclough deal, not Mr Rothwell...

Why not just be honest?

Fairly obvious it was a storm out considering Ebbrell was surprised at having to do it in his place and had no idea where the manager was.

42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've read his comments regarding his no-show for the post match interview. Says it was pre-planned. Also said that he pulled out of Colclough deal, not Mr Rothwell...

Odd that it seemed to come as a surprise to Ebbrell