Unsworth

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Doesn't help when our own media team have put out loads of videos in the past celebrating the fans going on the pitch with headlines like "limbs!" I remember them doing it for Scunthorpe a couple of seasons ago when Luamba scored the winner and certainly the Clarke was has been promoted numerous times. It's encouraging the idiots to do it. Also, the club decided to rescind bans on fans who had encroached on to the pitch so in many respects the club reaps what it sows. They will have to deal with fines and potential points deductions now.

Nice to see you are still firmly lodged in Barry’s arsehole.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Doesn't help when our own media team have put out loads of videos in the past celebrating the fans going on the pitch with headlines like "limbs!" I remember them doing it for Scunthorpe a couple of seasons ago when Luamba scored the winner and certainly the Clarke was has been promoted numerous times. It's encouraging the idiots to do it. Also, the club decided to rescind bans on fans who had encroached on to the pitch so in many respects the club reaps what it sows. They will have to deal with fines and potential points deductions now.

None of which is worse than your mates appointing Keith Curle as manager...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

As I mentioned maybe have the side stand for away fans and a few more stewards.  

To be fair I’ve never been to Chesterfield so not sure of the layout but I don’t think anything was stopping them yesterday 

14 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I understand your sentiment. I was fuming during the game. I hate Rhino ball.

The comment about them winning the league can be seen in different ways.

He might not have seen the pitch invasion from ground level and all the activity around the goal.  

We did deserve a draw. What did Chesterfield do to say they dissevered to win? Hudson didn't make a save and...

The referee was shit. That was a foul on Hogan. He's not a cheat. We also should've had a clear penalty on Tuesday. Referees have been shit.

So I understand what you're saying, but we might be a bit unfair, so I've tempered my view. Still, it's a shit style of football. It's not Royle ball, or Frizzell ball or even Dowie ball. It's painful.  

Just for balance. There was a clear push on an Aldershot player before we scored on Saturday.

I think the defence and attack are very good in isolation, or at least 

I’m convinced they’re capable of performing to the standard we need. But the midfield is pretty much non existent at the minute and we can’t control games and effectively transition from defence to attack. I’ll give Unsworth the benefit of the doubt that his two first choice midfielders that he’s signed are both injured. So imo he’s entitled to have a run of games when his first choice midfielders are back. I suspect with Green coming back from injury too, we’ll look a much better side overall. But yeah, I’m not in the Unsworth out camp until he’s had a run of games with a full strength side. 

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PlayItLivo said:

I’m convinced they’re capable of performing to the standard we need. But the midfield is pretty much non existent at the minute and we can’t control games and effectively transition from defence to attack. I’ll give Unsworth the benefit of the doubt that his two first choice midfielders that he’s signed are both injured. So imo he’s entitled to have a run of games when his first choice midfielders are back. I suspect with Green coming back from injury too, we’ll look a much better side overall. But yeah, I’m not in the Unsworth out camp until he’s had a run of games with a full strength side. 

What makes you think the 2 midfielders he signed are his first choice? He played Shelton & Sheron together in the 2nd last pre-season friendly. I know most people believe that signing them would make them his first choice but Willoughby thought that too.

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

What makes you think the 2 midfielders he signed are his first choice? He played Shelton & Sheron together in the 2nd last pre-season friendly. I know most people believe that signing them would make them his first choice but Willoughby thought that too.

It’s obvious that Lundstram will be a first choice midfielder. He was injured for that friendly game. Lundstram is a different type of midfielder who collects the ball and runs with it at players, who’ll play alongside Sheron or Shelton.

Ward has more completion to be an automatic starter out wide.

22 minutes ago, PeteG said:

If he doesn't break up the S and S axis at the first opportunity then he deserves all the stick going for it...

Edited by deyres42
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

It’s obvious that Lundstram will be a first choice midfielder. He was injured for that friendly game. Lundstram is a different type of midfielder who collects the ball and runs with it at players, who’ll play alongside Sheron or Shelton.

Ward has more completion to be an automatic starter out wide.

I was referring to the Barrow away game which was literally the 2nd last pre season game. He played Shelton, Sheron and Lundstram. Ward was on the bench. I wouldn't guarantee they are both starters when fit under Unsworth.

48 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

On what I've seen of Ward he's much the same as Sheron and Shelton, works hard but can't find a pass, Lundstrum has looked good on the ball but he isn't going to be able to lift that midfield on his own Green is a miss and is good in spurts but isn't the most consistent, we are miles away from what I've seen and are no better off than last season.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

On what I've seen of Ward he's much the same as Sheron and Shelton, works hard but can't find a pass, Lundstrum has looked good on the ball but he isn't going to be able to lift that midfield on his own Green is a miss and is good in spurts but isn't the most consistent, we are miles away from what I've seen and are no better off than last season.

Ward is much much more creative than Sheron and Shelton and will play wide left when up to speed.

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Ward is much much more creative than Sheron and Shelton and will play wide left when up to speed.

You're not setting an high bar there, I'll reserve judgement on him, from what I saw pre season he couldn't find a pass, got about and worked hard but created nothing.

1 minute ago, penrhyn said:

Suggest you look at his performances last year at Gateshead , Not the pre season training games.

I have thanks and not the 3 minute reel someone has put out on YouTube, have you?, I'd call him industrious, creative isn't an adjective I'd use, time will tell as we don't know what plans Unsworth has for him.

I watched a lot of games last season involving Gateshead and he was a stand out player in most games with a high number of assists, and chipped in with a few goals.  My view he is a different player to Shelton and Sheron who could help to balance out our midfield when they are all fit and the next target is acquired . I agree Lundstrum isnt going to lift the midfield on his own . Once we get the midfield sorted with the players out and another addition we should be looking good . Then I will judge Unsworth after a decent run of games. No managers are infallible at this level even Cook made tactical errors yesterday and used his subs badly. Guess we will see soon.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

I was referring to the Barrow away game which was literally the 2nd last pre season game. He played Shelton, Sheron and Lundstram. Ward was on the bench. I wouldn't guarantee they are both starters when fit under Unsworth.

Isn't that why he's signing Tunnicliffe...?

44 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Is he definitely signing?

I heard Hope & Rooney had to go first.

I heard the same. Heard Rooney had been offered a payoff which he’s refused, as he’s perfectly entitled to do. I’m baffled as to why we gave Hope a new deal in the summer and now trying to get shut of him as soon as the season starts.

57 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Told by a former Trust Director, whose information has come via a club sponsor, that he has signed on more money than Norwood is on. Not sure how certain they are, like...

Wow if he's getting more than Norwood my eyes are starting to water.