MATCH: Torquay United (H) 11/12/22 (Sunday)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have some form of heating system for the pitch don’t we? I’m 99% it nowhere near covers the entire pitch, but i’m sure we had something for that dodgy patch near the main stand that has always been problematic. Again, unsure how big it is, but if we have it, is it not feasible to just keep manoeuvring that around in the hope of keeping the pitch warm ish? 
Now i’ve typed that, it does sound like a royal pain in the arse and probably a tall order. 

Just now, daniel said:

We have some form of heating system for the pitch don’t we? I’m 99% it nowhere near covers the entire pitch, but i’m sure we had something for that dodgy patch near the main stand that has always been problematic. Again, unsure how big it is, but if we have it, is it not feasible to just keep manoeuvring that around in the hope of keeping the pitch warm ish? 
Now i’ve typed that, it does sound like a royal pain in the arse and probably a tall order. 

Seen that gantry heat lamp thing being used recently 

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

No chance unfortunately on the game going ahead I would imagine.

It's even bloody freezing darn Sarf! 

The teams with the 3G pitches will be playing though so hopefully we won't fall further adift!

The Oldham groundsman has tweeted that the pitch is currently playable...

We need to start winning starting Sunday  especially  against teams  nearer  us in the league. Confidence  is a key factor and Frank needs us to get behind the team even though I'm sick of all these away defeats.Hopefully with our strike force being improved we can at last get a run going  before we meet Notts.As for Unsworth  I feel that he should go if we don't improve after all the money Frank has put in and saved our club.we also need a clear out since there are far too many on the pay roll.

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

We need to start winning starting Sunday  especially  against teams  nearer  us in the league. Confidence  is a key factor 

This is a key consideration. It is evident that a lack of confidence runs throughout the squad - too many look afraid to play.  

And the best way to gain confidence is to win games.

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This is a key consideration. It is evident that a lack of confidence runs throughout the squad - too many look afraid to play.  

And the best way to gain confidence is to win games.

And to let them express themselves rather than coach any ability out of them which I feel is happening now, at our level playing for 0-0 invariably ends in tears. It's something Royle would never do and I've known him to go three and two at the back to flood midfield but Unsworth is almost too afraid to concede even though it could lead to us winning a game.

"A precautionary pitch inspection took place at Boundary Park this morning ahead of tomorrow's league fixture against Torquay United.

This was a preliminary measure as the visitors from Devon are due to travel early today for the game."

"The pitch is currently in a very good playable condition and no concerns were identified by the official who oversaw the inspection.

At present there are frost covers on the pitch which will remain in place overnight."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/december/10122022-torquay-h-pitch-update/

Archived