MATCH: Torquay United (H) 11/12/22 (Sunday)

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

be one of them hungover silent atmospheres bc England won't it

Certainly only the a) bravest of the brave and b) craziest of the crazy will be in attendance with it being on telly and absolutely freezing.

Anyone travelling up from Torquay should be rounded up in Birmingham and immediately sectioned...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"A precautionary pitch inspection took place at Boundary Park this morning ahead of tomorrow's league fixture against Torquay United.

This was a preliminary measure as the visitors from Devon are due to travel early today for the game."

"The pitch is currently in a very good playable condition and no concerns were identified by the official who oversaw the inspection.

At present there are frost covers on the pitch which will remain in place overnight."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/december/10122022-torquay-h-pitch-update/

Well played ground staff. Was expecting an early decision. They'll potentially be some cry-offs tomorrow with sore heads though. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Certainly only the a) bravest of the brave and b) craziest of the crazy will be in attendance with it being on telly and absolutely freezing.

Anyone travelling up from Torquay should be rounded up in Birmingham and immediately sectioned...

l'll be goin even if its on my own and on foot/public transport.

cant be on here backing the gaffer lay in bed can l!!!

as it stands lm currently equally enthused by the kebab on the way home as l am about the match 😏

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l'll be goin even if its on my own and on foot/public transport.

cant be on here backing the gaffer lay in bed can l!!!

as it stands lm currently equally enthused by the kebab on the way home as l am about the match 😏

More enthused by the kebab, surely? You know what you're going to get with that!

52 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

and lm lying.

the only reason lm goin is bc the kebab shop is near the met stop.

Well I hope you'll be able to stomach a kebab after watching the game !

I'll be going home to a roast pork dinner myself. Let's hope we'll be in celebratory mood.

15 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

The atmosphere has been a bit poor at home for a while now. The songs in the Athleticos section just seem to fade out or nobody bothers singing along.

I’m not surprised, I’m all for being partisan and positive but they’ve got to start to give us something to sing about 

To be fair the old open Rochdale Road end must have brought it's fair share of grown men to tears, remember a very decent contingent from Plymouth come up for a night game and they got absolutely battered by the elements. That must of been some trip back.

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

This is a key consideration. It is evident that a lack of confidence runs throughout the squad - too many look afraid to play.  

And the best way to gain confidence is to win games.

Confidence breeds more confidence.
Why do they lack confidence..because of Unsworth or the hostile fans?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I seem to remember a night match against Charlton when there was just one guy in the uncovered RRE standing alone in the pissing rain!

I think there was a photo of him in the Chron.

nah that was Burnley all the rest of the six fingered mob were in the lookers paddock 

Archived