MATCH: Torquay United (H) 11/12/22 (Sunday)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s got the win. Not great and I can’t say he looks like the man I want in charge but let’s give some credit today as it was entertaining instead of that edge of box stuff and somehow he’s got the points. hopefully can build on that as we need another 3 v Gateshead 

Main concerns the centre half pairing, right side none existent why not play Abrahams wide right he has pace to burn?

Centre midfielder desperately needed, when they made the half time changes DU was like a rabbit in the headlights he is tactically inept this result is just papering over the cracks.

On a positive note the left side looks good,  i like the look of Reid he will score goals, Nuttall & Fondop looks exciting play a formation that compliments theses & get some bloody service to them for gods sake.

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Unsworth seemed more animated. It's that because it was on the tele? 

Because he's under pressure that's why it's going to effect him on some level.

Today is a win could have lost it or drew it but we came out on top actually pretty entertaining game.

Is this turning point? Who knows but it's a win and it's something to build on. The players will and should take some confidence from that because I thought we played well. 

I thought Torquay are in a false position they are probably better than their position shows.

Today shows the benefit of 2 things 1 the strength of having a decent sized squad bringing Fondop and Abrahams made the difference. Secondly the benefit of wingers who cut in from the wing this is where football has changed in the last 20 years a left footed Winger doesn't score Tollits goal it's why Tollits in the team he can do that and thats why he's our Top scorer. I also thought that Tollit and Kitching are developing a partnership on that side of the pitch too hopefully we can find something similar on the other side.

Reid and Chapman were both positives in the first half too. But the most important thing is 3 points.

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Something for Unsworth and the team to build on. We're we great, no, but at least he sent them out with attacking intent today and his substitutions were relatively attacking.

That seemed the difference today, more attacking and more of a threat from the off, certainly not brilliant but we actually looked like we were going to score 

We've got more than enough firepower. We actually look quite good going forward. However, I feel like we really do struggle in midfield and at the back. We look so bloody shaky and prone to making a mistake. Chuffed for Unsworth, but we still have a lot of work to do. However, it's a BIG three points against a team that is around us. That's the main thing. Lets hope this injects confidence into the side. I don't think Torquay looked particularly bad. They had some decent passages of play. They looked absolutely gutted at the end. 

Pretty sure my toes were almost frozen towards the end of that game. Absolutely bloody freezing. 

Also, singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" and "We want Unsworth out" is just stupid and benefits nobody. Absolutely pathetic by some in that Athleticos block. 

Quite enjoyable although it got a bit cold later on. Something to build on if we can cut out the panic and tighten up a bit at the back when the opposition are attacking. Great goal by Tollitt but he just doesn't have the ability to go outside the defender, if they had done their homework they would never let him cut back on the inside. Rooney had a much better game although why Unsworth persists with 1 up front from the start baffles me. 

57 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because u don't spend any time watching him normally. Maybe you do actually 

Yeah, I looked to see if there was any coaching or reaction to the debacle that was unfolding at Solihull.

He just stood there, inanimate in the dug out.. 

Enjoyed the game and it's been a long long time since I've been able to say that. We are much better without Gardner and Peck is really good. Kitching and Tollit were good down the left too. Like has been said, they sliced through us very easily for their first goal and should have scored very early on. Onwards and upwards eh ?

Archived