MATCH: Torquay United (H) 11/12/22 (Sunday)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positives:

- Picking up 3 points

- Abraham scoring his first league goal 

- Tollit hitting a beauty of a goal 

- Rooney looking like he can play

- Norman with two excellent saves

- Reid with good movement and work rate 

- Showing good speed going forward 

Negatives:

- Too many poor attempts at tackling 

- No real challenge in midfield allowing them to cut through us with ease 

- Lack of awareness when defending 

(Three defenders dropping off leaving Goodwin free to turn and score 😮)

- Giving the ball away too often

- Sadly Hallam Hope is not the player he was before the attack on him

We need to strengthen the centre of the defence, the right back area and in the centre of the midfield.

We also need to play two up top.

Exciting game and a huge relief when the final whistle went 👍

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Personally thought Norman was very assured. Desperately need a centre mid who can tackle. Thought Reid did well and look forward to seeing him up top with Nuttall. Sheron had a decent game at right back but we need to sign one. Mobility of the centre halves a worry.

Been people calling for a new keeper because he's not good enough for ages. Not sure what game they watch

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Yeah, I looked to see if there was any coaching or reaction to the debacle that was unfolding at Solihull.

He just stood there, inanimate in the dug out.. 

Imagine he was shouting and waving his arms about. That's when the other half come out and say these poor, inadequate human beings we have playing football can't take all that information on

My attitude before the game was David Unsworth needs to show an improvement in performance, also believing that we needed to win.

We won, DU is happy with the tactics etc.

First half started well, as is the pattern, then faded.

Definitely more determination, pace and effort today.

Best display from John Rooney since Wrexham at home, looked good.

I expected a good game from Ben Tollitt, he didn't dissapoint, very good player.

Mark Kitching also very good, our left side looks quite productive, highlighting how weak the right side is, need a right back, everyone can see.

I thought the double substitution of Mike and Timmy really worked, shame Mike fluffed two decent chances.

If the rumours are true, Mike Fondop is out, which is odd.

Replacing with better is ok but Mike Fondop gives us a threat which several teams struggle to cope with, maybe he is part of a deal for the Chester player.

The other rumour involving Hallam to Hartlepool is a shame, not least that Keith Curle failed to integrate Hallam, unlike Shez who quickly had him playing with confidence.

Whatever comes next David, play two strikers.

Guest Stanley30
25 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Who was the bell end with the whistle in the RRE? He faked a full time whistle twice. Twonk.

That's hilarious 🤣

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It sounded like it came from the athleticos section, not the ideal thing to do as it could cause a player to stop. 

Some might say it was the only noise they made all afternoon... *

*I watched it on the telly so they may have been very loud

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Replacing with better is ok but Mike Fondop gives us a threat which several teams struggle to cope with, maybe he is part of a deal for the Chester player.

The other rumour involving Hallam to Hartlepool is a shame, not least that Keith Curle failed to integrate Hallam, unlike Shez who quickly had him playing with confidence.

Where have you heard they are going? I've seen a couple on twitter say they have heard the same but haven't actually seen the source of the rumour. 

Big mistake if they did let Fondop go. Gave us the lift we needed to go on and win it. Won nearly all the headers and holds it up well and brings a lot of others into play. Can’t just rely on Nuttall , already one suspension so there could be more or injury.

Definitely worth his squad place.

First game I’ve made it to since Halifax away. We were miles better than that particular game at the end of October, not spectacular, but definitely better.

We undoubtably need someone in midfield who can break-up play, close the opposition down, or at least make a challenge. Going forward we looked a lot more positive, especially when we work the ball into space down the flanks, and hitting the opposition on the counter attack.

Fondop caused problems for the Torquey defence, and having Abraham playing off him seemed to work well. If Big Mike had a bit more composure he could have easily bagged. There was quite a few boos when DU made the change, but the change of shape worked better as we started to go more direct.

Chants of “getting sacked in the morning” at 1-1 not helpful.

Took an Arsenal ST-holder with me today. He thought we played well in spells and will be fine this season. It was coldest he’s ever been at a game.

Guest Stanley30
1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

First game I’ve made it to since Halifax away. We were miles better than that particular game at the end of October, not spectacular, but definitely better.

We undoubtably need someone in midfield who can break-up play, close the opposition down, or at least make a challenge. Going forward we looked a lot more positive, especially when we work the ball into space down the flanks, and hitting the opposition on the counter attack.

Fondop caused problems for the Torquey defence, and having Abraham playing off him seemed to work well. If Big Mike had a bit more composure he could have easily bagged. There was quite a few boos when DU made the change, but the change of shape worked better as we started to go more direct.

Chants of “getting sacked in the morning” at 1-1 not helpful.

Took an Arsenal ST-holder with me today. He thought we played well in spells and will be fine this season. It was coldest he’s ever been at a game.

Well if an arsenal fan says it, then it must be true. Well known for their superior knowledge

Archived