Nors. 

Bench 

Sheron

Sutton

Mikey

Reid

Hope 

A very handy side that!

Think he may go for Sheron over Hammond and have Walker on the bench instead of Reid tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Just now, nzlatic said:

A very handy side that!

Think he may go for Sheron over Hammond and have Walker on the bench instead of Reid tomorrow night. 

Yeah, agreed NZ.

In fact much to the ire of quite a few on here, I think Sheron will still play a big part this season. 

Whether fans rate him or not, Managers love him- because you get a performance from him more often than not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I hope we play a bit more of an attacking formation tomorrow even a 4-1-3-2 maybe.

Hudson

Sachdev

Hobson

Raglan

Kitching 

Hammond

Lundstrum

Sheron

Conlon

Dallas

Norwood

Looks very narrow that to me. 

I think he’ll stick with 352 and more natural width. Pulse we’ve done well with 3 at the back. 

• Like 1

With the signing of Dallas, I think Mellon is building a 4-3-3.

He's spoken in the past about his admiration of Klopp's Liverpool side and how they press.

So I think we will start to see a shift towards something like

Hudson

Sachdev Raglan Hobson Kitching

Hammond/Lundstram Conlan Sheron

Dallas Norwood Walker

Sachdev is a wing back predominantly so youd think has the gas tank to be up and down a lot.

Conlan comes across as a model pro and a leader and should dictate from the middle of the park.

What ive seen of Hammond is and abundance of energy, good pressing, positionally aware and loves to get in the oppositions faces. Gives out of form Lundstram competition for his place.

Dallas is good with both feet and so can cross or cut in from both sides.

From the little we have seen from Walker he likes to cut in from the left and we know Kitching likes to stick to the line and get the ball in the box so i expect the overlap will be on a lot.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, oafcmetty said:

First Team Squad

1. Magnus Norman (2025)

13. Matt Hudson (2025)

3. Mark Kitching (2025)

5. Shaun Hobson (2025)

16. Charlie Raglan (2025)
21. Will Sutton (2025)

6. Mark Shelton (2025)

8. Josh Lundstram (2025)

11. Dan Ward (2025)
14. Nathan Sheron (2025)

26. Oliver Hammond (2025)

32. Tom Conlon (2026)

7. Kurt Willoughby (2025)

10. Joe Nuttall (2025) 

24. Joe Garner (2025)
25. Alex Reid (2025)

30. James Norwood (2025)

As things stand these will be the contacted players going in to next season, do we have the nucleus of a promotion chasing squad?. I suspect Mellon would be happy if half a dozen of them found themselves a new club but I can't see that happening.

17 players there already which is some wage bill.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As things stand these will be the contacted players going in to next season, do we have the nucleus of a promotion chasing squad?. I suspect Mellon would be happy if half a dozen of them found themselves a new club but I can't see that happening.

Most clubs will have a squad around 24 strong so still scope there for us, although I agree that MM would probably like to shift a few of our existing group if possible, thus increasing scope for change.

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman, Shelton, Ward, Kurt, Nuttall and Reid will all be gone. 

They are under contract, but they won’t want to be out the game for an extended period. They will be off. 

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

They are under contract, but they won’t want to be out the game for an extended period. They will be off. 

Providing somebody wants them…if not they’ll be going nowhere!!

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Providing somebody wants them…if not they’ll be going nowhere!!

Correct I heard some we being offered less than a third to sign elsewhere, it ain't going to happen so I reckon we will be stuck with them all.

What's actually happened to Shelton?, is he just being paid to stay at home?, now I know he went through a bad run of form and probably needed a break but I've literally not seen or heard of him in weeks, similarly what's going on with Reid?, all these banishments can't help the mood. Now I appreciate Mellon might not fancy them but it's hardly a healthy situation. Ward is another one.

20 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Reckon a team will take a punt on Kurt and maybe even Shelton, i can see us paying a couple off too, certainly Reid. 

I think we’ll be stuck with Ward and Nuttall at the very least personally. Maybe we can offer Nuttall a loan elsewhere and another team at least contribute to his wages.