Retained list

I'd be surprised if Yarney isn't here next season While his form has been good I doubt its enough to really catch eyes in the EFL.

Clearly he's been good for us but we've been a good fit for him too. He'll be playing regularly and for the level of he's at I'm guessing we will be paying him well too.

It's best for everyone he signs for us I'm sure a deal will get done in time quite possibly it's just the agent trying to drag this out and get him the best deal possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Obviously a bs post however the lack of update on the Yarney situation does make me concerned that all is not as we thought/hoped

To misquote Ivan Drago, if he goes, he goes. 

Don’t get me wrong, I hope he stays, but another plus point of this ownership is that I’d feel confident of getting a comparable replacement if he does go. 

Under previous owners it felt like signing a decent player was more luck than judgement so if they left we had no idea if we’d get a decent replacement or a complete donkey. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd be surprised if Yarney isn't here next season While his form has been good I doubt its enough to really catch eyes in the EFL.

Clearly he's been good for us but we've been a good fit for him too. He'll be playing regularly and for the level of he's at I'm guessing we will be paying him well too.

It's best for everyone he signs for us I'm sure a deal will get done in time quite possibly it's just the agent trying to drag this out and get him the best deal possible.

Agents have the big say these days, so nothing surprises me.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree. Good as he’s been I’d be surprised if a league club came in for him, and as Chesterfield released him a couple of years ago I doubt they’ll be prizing him away from us. 
It all seems a bit strange, but I guess he didn’t actually sign the extension for next season and is chancing his arm on getting a bit more money than is currently on offer, especially on the back of his player of the season award.

I’d be surprised if he’s not signed up in the next couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

We need him. Hogan looked an absolute fraud until Yarney came in. 

Hogan was obviously not 100% until the last couple of months of the season, I think calling him a fraud is a tad strong given his pedigree.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Obviously a bs post however the lack of update on the Yarney situation does make me concerned that all is not as we thought/hoped

The season, for us, ended less than three weeks ago. Players, agents, officials, are allowed to go on holiday. 
Under this regime, communications are much more organised and professional than previously. When there’s something to be said, it will be. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hogan was obviously not 100% until the last couple of months of the season, I think calling him a fraud is a tad strong given his pedigree.

Yeah maybe fraud was to far. But he was giving away a goal a game for a few months. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 8:43 PM, Gaz_Oafc said:

They have a central defender from Manchester called Shaun Hobson who's moving back up north... I've no idea if it's us he's coming to though.

Turns out it was us!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Turns out it was us!

And a damn good replacement for Yarney.

A pacy right back now and it's looking like a good summer. Still like a left footed CB in as well, if that's not too greedy!

18 hours ago, Boyyou said:

And a damn good replacement for Yarney.

A pacy right back now and it's looking like a good summer. Still like a left footed CB in as well, if that's not too greedy!

yeah thats too greedy!!

l did say aCB's, a RB, 1-2 CM's, LW and RW. looks like Ward will play from the left in a 4231 so just add the RB and as far as lm concerned its a perfect summer.

this has never happened before in my time.

Norm

Ker-Ching

Hogan

Hobson

New Guy

Sheron/Shelton

Lundstram

Ward

Willoughby

Green

Nuttall

Sutton, Shelton or Sheron could already play at RB and l wouldnt be concerned. still want one tho.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

looked further into him when l read this and assumed he would move higher. he is worth a fee that lad he literally adds value to the squad.

From the sounds of it, he was moving higher. Apparently had a deal lined up with Accrington after rejecting another southern based EFL team (thought to be Orient, but was insistent on moving back up north).

What happened in the last 24/48hrs that lead us to be able to nip in and get him is a mystery but I'm glad we did!

6 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

From the sounds of it, he was moving higher. Apparently had a deal lined up with Accrington after rejecting another southern based EFL team (thought to be Orient, but was insistent on moving back up north).

What happened in the last 24/48hrs that lead us to be able to nip in and get him is a mystery but I'm glad we did!

lm assuming we moved due to the Yarney situation and pointed out club size and ambition plus a bit more cash on top.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

20-25 starts in all formats 40+ appearances over the season Young Player Of The Year 2024 and a new deal 😎*

Has been watched by higher clubs, no surprise to me if he goes for a good fee.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Has been watched by higher clubs, no surprise to me if he goes for a good fee.

not suprised. got a future in the game and must have earned lots of brownie points playing out of position for the team. his spell there may even have increased certain attributes such as awareness and organisation.

How much and to what cost will the commonly thought surplus players we need to shift out hamper the promotion push?.

I think it will cost 2 or 3 stand out players not arriving. DU must play the loan market wisely.

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

How much and to what cost will the commonly thought surplus players we need to shift out hamper the promotion push?.

I think it will cost 2 or 3 stand out players not arriving. DU must play the loan market wisely.

Well….. Unsworth is looking to bring in  2 or 3 more according to today’s OT….he also alludes to maybe having to do a bit of wheeling and dealing.

Perhaps we have already had enquiries for one or two of our surplus players?