Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Tend to agree, but if we are somewhat restricted in terms of finances this january then i’d rather save the bulk for a proven midfielder and rb/rwb.

Yeah, fair comment. 

I’d have put this position as fourth Priority. 

Right back

Creative midfielder 

Stones replacement (to do some of Norwoods running) 

Wide player/s 

Like you say, hopefully they’re saving the money for the more needed positions. 

• Like 1

I take it the media team being excited about the signing (as mentioned in an earlier post) was because they could chuck out a couple of Gordon Ramsay and Walkers crisps clips and not because of the actual player/ability?

2 hours ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

Do we know why Sinclair didn’t play on NYD but played virtually the whole game on boxing day getting subbed 90+1. Can we read anything into that 

That he got arseholed on NYE?

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No signing is guaranteed, but Id like more proven at this stage of the season, we need players who will definitely make the difference not punts. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, fair comment. 

I’d have put this position as fourth Priority. 

Right back

Creative midfielder 

Stones replacement (to do some of Norwoods running) 

Wide player/s 

Like you say, hopefully they’re saving the money for the more needed positions. 

Cheer up. World isn't ending. Jesus

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Had you heard of Stones before he joined?

If we are signing young players on loan then unless you are a proper football enthusiast it is unlikely you would have heard of them.

I trust Mickey's judgement so let's see.

No I hadn't heard of him, I also trust MM, I will wait to see him play before I pass judgement. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

I’m commenting on a new signing in a thread for new signings. 

You’re finding a problem where isn’t one. 

You cheer up. 👍🏻

No you.

No you.

No you.

Make me.

No you make me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is it true or an urban myth that She's and John McGinley never played a game on NYD?

Mike Doyle was in our local boozer one NYE back in the early 80's when he was at Rochdale.

Q. You injured Mike?

A. Injured enough not to be travelling to Torquay on NYE.

• Like 3

"We believe that we need help for the group in wide areas and Ethan will provide that to help keep us moving forward"

So reading between the lines it suggests he's going to be playing wide but as hes a forward it would suggest he isn't going to play wing back so perhaps we are going to move away from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 like we saw on Saturday. 

So that's one in who else are we going with then?

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

"We believe that we need help for the group in wide areas and Ethan will provide that to help keep us moving forward"

So reading between the lines it suggests he's going to be playing wide but as hes a forward it would suggest he isn't going to play wing back so perhaps we are going to move away from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-2 like we saw on Saturday. 

So that's one in who else are we going with then?

Like the sound of the 4-2-3-2. The extra man could prove useful 😂

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Half Way to Crazy said:

YouTube clip of Walker here when he was playing youth team for Preston 3 years ago. From this he looks like a quick winger with a few tricks. Scored both goals in the game.

.. make that 4 years ago.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Walker scores the late equaliser. Looks a quick left winger who can use either foot. 

So from those 2 clips he looks like a right footed left winger who likes to cut inside and score goals.