Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

3 hours ago, kev1970 said:

I notice that Burnley have recalled Mellons son from Morecombe scored a few there as well could this be one of the incoming or will he be going higher up the food chain....

It would be ridiculous if it were to happen but maybe blood is thicker than water and in Dad's hour of need 

In reality, I see him heading off to a championship side 

25 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It would be ridiculous if it were to happen but maybe blood is thicker than water and in Dad's hour of need 

In reality, I see him heading off to a championship side 

The suggestion I heard before Stones got injured was for Mellon Jr to go to Wigan and Stones could then remain with us. 

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Callum Lang giving some supposed farewells after the Wigan match. Would be an outlandish, hairy-bollocks-on-the-table signing from us. Akin to Norwood coming in the summer. 😉

Not a chance. Unfortunately. 

Regan Booty was a funny one for me. Seems like the sort of midfielder we need, looked nailed on to sign for us and then went to Gateshead. I guess working with Mike Williamson was probably the draw. Will be interesting to see what happens next as that Gateshead team is dismantled.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not a chance. Unfortunately. 

If you'd have said in June we'll sign a prolific goalscorer from League One most wouldn't believe it. It's also no different to Chesterfield signing Will Grigg either.

As it happens, I'm thinking the same. But you just never know and it's possible he may be a target. A lower Championship or other L1 club would be the likely scenario.

26 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

If you'd have said in June we'll sign a prolific goalscorer from League One most wouldn't believe it. It's also no different to Chesterfield signing Will Grigg either.

As it happens, I'm thinking the same. But you just never know and it's possible he may be a target. A lower Championship or other L1 club would be the likely scenario.

Him being nearly a decade younger than Norwood and Grigg is the difference

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Him being nearly a decade younger than Norwood and Grigg is the difference

this really isn't dawning on some of our fans. Norwood should be on 45 goals by now the shit, sulky faced prima donna*

• Like 1

2 and a half year deal!

To save any future arguments about hindsight everyone must state their opinion before his first game on whether this contract is too long or not!

😜

• Like 1