MATCH: Wealdstone (A) 30/09/23

Inspid display and at times, embarrassing.

If we’re serious about going up we need a serious manager in.

Plenty banging on social media about why people don’t travel far to watch us away, this performance demonstrates exactly why. 

Still nowhere near good enough for the money spent and so much work to do.

5 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Inspid display and at times, embarrassing.

If we’re serious about going up we need a serious manager in.

Plenty banging on social media about why people don’t travel far to watch us away, this performance demonstrates exactly why. 

Still nowhere near good enough for the money spent and so much work to do.

What are you talking about ?

1 minute ago, Punce said:

Bloody hell. 

We have just drawn one after winning three on the trot.  And some folk are manking like United fans  😃

Not sure what's wrong with people. We know there's improvements to be made, that's why a new manager is being recruited. But we've accrued more points in the last four games than we'd got in the previous 9.

• Like 9

Well I'll put it out there now after watching us Tuesday and tonight, I don't think Thompson is the man for the job, in successive games we've played deeper and deeper and deeper, it's Unsworthesque at the minute, I appreciate it's the same players but there was no intent at all today to play further up the pitch or press the ball, fucking none and that's criminal against Wealdstone, they were fucking wank but played us off the park at times.

Sutton, Shelton, Hogan, Sheron all fucking awful for 90 minutes, Green didn't beat his man once today, Kitching hardly crossed the half way line, Willoughby parked out on the left totally ineffective again, but special mention for Hudson today who sucked the fucking life out of us, If him slowing the game down was planned then it's a sad state of affairs against a team of fucking builders.

Thompson wouldn't be for me from what I've seen we go backwards every team I see them. I know we've picked up points but we've been battered the last twice off teams at the bottom end of the division and looked fucking clueless at times.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well I'll put it out there now after watching us Tuesday and tonight, I don't think Thompson is the man for the job, in successive games we've played deeper and deeper and deeper, it's Unsworthesque at the minute, I appreciate it's the same players but there was no intent at all today to play further up the pitch or press the ball, fucking none and that's criminal against Wealdstone, they were fucking wank but played us off the park at times.

Sutton, Shelton, Hogan, Sheron all fucking awful for 90 minutes, Green didn't beat his man once today, Kitching hardly crossed the half way line, Willoughby parked out on the left totally ineffective again, but special mention for Hudson today who sucked the fucking life out of us, If him slowing the game down was planned then it's a sad state of affairs against a team of fucking builders.

Thompson wouldn't be for me from what I've seen we go backwards every team I see them. I know we've picked up points but we've been battered the last twice off teams at the bottom end of the division and looked fucking clueless at times.

You'll make yourself ill with how easily you're outraged 

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thompson may not be the man for you  but he’s working with the same players as you say and has improved the results. Todays performance did sound Unsworthesque and I think the next two games will decide his fate. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You'll make yourself ill with how easily you're outraged 

Thanks for your concern, there was a chap behind me today absolutely apoplectic, despite what you imagine I sat in my seat and clapped them off but don't mind sharing my opinion on here for what it's worth. I personally want a new man in preferably Mellon.

• Like 1

After 4 games unbeaten including 4 away points we find ourselves 2 points from the playoffs. 

Almost certainly any prospective new manager will have been watching our games.

Almost certainly they will now have a opinion of what needs strengthening 

Almost certainly money will be available to strengthen the team as they think necessary.

No way is it necessary for us to go banging on about our midfield and right back when we have improved our results and League position far beyond anything we could have reasonably expected 4 games ago. 

We’re doing ok in the right direction. 

Edited by mikeroyboy
Spelling
  • Like 12

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't know how we're going backwards when we've just picked up 10 points from the last 4 games? That's an improvement if anything.