MATCH: Eastleigh (H) 11/11/23

Much much improved performance. Still missing creative quality but even so we had and missed enough chances to win that game. 

Looked more balanced when we went to 3 at the back but I would say that as I’ve been calling for it for a while 😂

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Lundstram needs to turn round and face forwards more

Frustrates me at times Lundstram, looks a cracking player when facing forwards and driving forward runs, but doesn’t do it often enough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I thought they matched us up well

Francillette like Hobson was immense at the back for them and we didn't have enough to win that game but it will come

I can feel it

I hope you’re right. They did ok at the back but how many  good balls did we put over in particularly in the first half with nobody on the end of them

Freeman so frustrating today. So many times in that 2nd half where he had the ball at his feet with 30 yards of space in front of him, and he just stood still.

Sutton might not be a RB but he'd have known to carry it forward in those positions

Didn't go or listen today, but come on lads....it's fucking Eastleigh at home!

1-1 is not good enough even if we improved from recent games.

That's our 4th home draw on the spin so 8 points dropped, and we have failed to win or keep a clean sheet against Maidenhead, D&R,  Alty and Eastleigh.

We've won 1 in our last 7 league games which I'm sorry just doesn't cut it.

Need nothing but 3 points at Woking next Saturday as now 5 pts off Gateshead in 7th who have a game in hand, and we go to Barnet after Woking.

I'm not blaming MM yet,

but some of these players need to get their heads out of their arses and start to win some football games.

5 wins from 19 is just piss poor.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Mellon certainly has a job on his hands but it's early day's and I'm sure he'll find a solution to turning draws into wins 

I saw some green shoots of improvement today ofcourse it needs to be better but we shouldn't be disheartened by today. A dodgy penalty aside and that's a home win and one we would have probably deserved

12 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Mellon certainly has a job on his hands but it's early day's and I'm sure he'll find a solution to turning draws into wins 

Yep....he has for sure.

Thought we played well and should have won with at least four good chances.

Ref again not fit for purpose.With our strikers we should be putting a lot more away.

Edited by Flemboy

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

I saw some green shoots of improvement today ofcourse it needs to be better but we shouldn't be disheartened by today. A dodgy penalty aside and that's a home win and one we would have probably deserved

I thought we linked up well and played some really good stuff, the ref had a stinker

We had them on the ropes when we really went for it 2nd half but they still had enough to pick us off if any errors were made.

A draw was fair enough.

• Like 1

Just now, jsslatic said:

Oh and if you booed Shelton on then give your head a wobble.

Or fuck off.

Either/or.

I wouldn’t boo one of our player on, it’s also weird booing at the end of every game. But Shelton doesn’t do himself any favours, first pass was straight to one of the Eastleigh players and they almost scored.