Micky Mellon Sack Watch

22 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A refreshing idea BP but there’s a world of difference between coaching young kids and seasoned pro’s!

And Murray is already coaching the first team

4 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

And Murray is already coaching the first team

So what does Brabin do?

I suggested Chuka as the coach not Murray who would take on a managerial role.

Edited by BP1960

43 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

By desperate managers who are already out of work, I'd Imagine 

I'd be interested to see who is a better manager on paper than Mellon who's actually available (either unemployed or tempted to step up/down to us).

I currently wouldn't trust a head coach/manager who needs more than a year to establish a progressive style or philosophy, because there's no indication yet that they would be given the time to do it.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd be interested to see who is a better manager on paper than Mellon who's actually available (either unemployed or tempted to step up/down to us).

I currently wouldn't trust a head coach/manager who needs more than a year to establish a progressive style or philosophy, because there's no indication yet that they would be given the time to do it.

That's where I'm at too. Parkinson, Millington etc. The way the fanbase has been the last couple of years, there's no way they'll get the time or patience required. We essentially need someone who can come in and get results straight away. Answers on a postcard please 

• Like 1

Confusing and depressing interview. 

Repeats the budget and contract situation, which is fair enough. 

Says the owners and DR are the nicest and most helpful people he’s ever met. Goes on to say the players are all great lads, honest and hard working. 

“impossible job” 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

That's where I'm at too. Parkinson, Millington etc. The way the fanbase has been the last couple of years, there's no way they'll get the time or patience required. We essentially need someone who can come in and get results straight away. Answers on a postcard please 

An interesting case that is extremely local to me is Gary Caldwell at Exeter.

Started the season well, went on a 13 match winless streak (10 defeats I believe) with a terrible goal difference, but since Christmas their form has been so good that they look like finishing top half in a league where they certainly don't have the budget that should get them there.

Unless there is a truly outstanding candidate to replace Mellon (basically Pete Wild in my opinion) then I'd rather we were the club that didn't make the change in manager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, latics59 said:

From his interview it doesn’t sound like we’ll have too much to look forward to next season if MM stays.

Or if he goes.

Dreadful recruitment has dumped us in the mire and it will take some creative wheeling and dealing to improve the situation 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Confusing and depressing interview. 

Repeats the budget and contract situation, which is fair enough. 

Says the owners and DR are the nicest and most helpful people he’s ever met. Goes on to say the players are all great lads, honest and hard working. 

“impossible job” 

Echo this.

DR might be a nice person, but he's either directly responsible or has employed the wrong people to oversee recruitment.  How can the money we've spent result in such a lack of competency in the team?

I'd love to know what the "other stuff" is.

I don't know if it is "impossible" or just impossible for him..

We really do need to hear from the club in the coming weeks about the direction of the club in the short term (1 year). MM said we’re already over budget for next season, or did I miss hear that? Even after we’ll release 9 players or so? If that is the case, or even nearly the case then heads need to roll and difficult questions need to be asked immediately. Wtf am I buying a season ticket again for if we’re basically already being told it’ll be the same group of players who have failed this season, and therefore the same shit boring tactics. We’ll be back to 3000-3500 crowds again in no time at this rate. They announced 6000+ today, but there were way less than 5000 who actually turned up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Echo this.

DR might be a nice person, but he's either directly responsible or has employed the wrong people to oversee recruitment.  How can the money we've spent result in such a lack of competency in the team?

I'd love to know what the "other stuff" is.

I don't know if it is "impossible" or just impossible for him..

Without any meat on the bone we can only speculate.

Has he been told Reid has to stay involved with the first team to avoid negative headlines? Some interesting rumours about Norwood earlier, has that had an effect?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Without any meat on the bone we can only speculate.

Has he been told Reid has to stay involved with the first team to avoid negative headlines? Some interesting rumours about Norwood earlier, has that had an effect?

"Great bunch of lads" though according to that interview/Father Ted...

Dear me Mellon is actually delusional if he thinks the season hasn't dropped away since Eastleigh, we were top of the form table prior but have since gone on an eleven game winless run which is up there amongst the worst in out history, it's not lazy journalism it's fucking facts, add to that team selections been a fucking raffle and he's employed tactics straight off Clayton playing fields, what's lazy is his inability to set a team up and keep sending them out to do the same mind numbing thing game after game. It's not difficult to see why he cant motivate given the way he's behaving lately, I'd probably down tools as well if I had to listen to that tripe day in day out.

Harps on about his impossible job but then crawls up everyone's arse, if you're gonna bleat like a bairn then at least tell us what your trying to say because it looks to me like he wants to blame every fucker but himself, he's almost making his position untenable with the stance he's taken the last couple of weeks and there has been absolutely nothing to be gained from the way he's going on if he's not looking to move on, all he's doing is making an impossible job even more difficult.

Of course there's shit going on but I have less faith than ever that he's the man to sort it out, for a start whose gonna play for him after the shit he's talked and I'm not spending a fucking penny whilst Captain fucking doom is in town.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, daniel said:

We really do need to hear from the club in the coming weeks about the direction of the club in the short term (1 year). MM said we’re already over budget for next season, or did I miss hear that? Even after we’ll release 9 players or so? If that is the case, or even nearly the case then heads need to roll and difficult questions need to be asked immediately. Wtf am I buying a season ticket again for if we’re basically already being told it’ll be the same group of players who have failed this season, and therefore the same shit boring tactics. We’ll be back to 3000-3500 crowds again in no time at this rate. They announced 6000+ today, but there were way less than 5000 who actually turned up.

Be lucky if there was 4000 in there today, I'd say about 3,500 it was empty all over the place.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Dear me Mellon is actually delusional if he thinks the season hasn't dropped away since Eastleigh, we were top of the form table prior but have since gone on an eleven game winless run which is up there amongst the worst in out history, it's not lazy journalism it's fucking facts, add to that team selections been a fucking raffle and he's employed tactics straight off Clayton playing fields, what's lazy is his inability to set a team up and keep sending them out to do the same mind numbing thing game after game. It's not difficult to see why he cant motivate given the way he's behaving lately, I'd probably down tools as well if I had to listen to that tripe day in day out.

Harps on about his impossible job but then crawls up everyone's arse, if you're gonna bleat like a bairn then at least tell us what your trying to say because it looks to me like he wants to blame every fucker but himself, he's almost making his position untenable with the stance he's taken the last couple of weeks and there has been absolutely nothing to be gained from the way he's going on if he's not looking to move on, all he's doing is making an impossible job even more difficult.

Of course there's shit going on but I have less faith than ever that he's the man to sort it out, for a start whose gonna play for him after the shit he's talked and I'm not spending a fucking penny whilst Captain fucking doom is in town.

So hard to back him speaking like that. Such a negative outlook when things aren’t really that bad. Squad of people played higher up good board fans. Garner and Norwood right up there with best pedigree in league for strikers. He brought Dallas in a guy who ripped the league up and he got 0-11 for us. Didn’t bag once. Are we so poor we can’t get a good striker for the league on loan to do anything. , is perhaps his motivation and leadership more the issue? I’m thinking the latter here 

• Like 1

I think he’s right about the group as a whole, many of them have won stuff before but they aren’t winners now . But 7 months in charge with literally no change in the product on the field has to be at his feet aswell . And of course stupid stuff gets shouted from the stands but come on, one win in 14!!! Get a grip and give us something to cheer about !! It’s your job !!! 

• Like 1

His opening comment, of "they were knackered".  Constitutes a crap excuse for losing another home game . Halifax played three games this week, the last one being a 0-3 away win to clinch a playoff spot.   do Halifax have super human players ? or is his excuse just more crap.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Thought the interview was shocking. He said some truths tbf but jesus christ hes not giving us much to shout about for the 24/25 season

He’s only being honest!😂

If I was on the board I’d be bloody fuming. The season ticket early bird deadline ends next week and that mind numbingly depressing interview will not help sell them.

He’s almost wrote next season off already…unbelievable!!😳

19 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

So hard to back him speaking like that. Such a negative outlook when things aren’t really that bad. Squad of people played higher up good board fans. Garner and Norwood right up there with best pedigree in league for strikers. He brought Dallas in a guy who ripped the league up and he got 0-11 for us. Didn’t bag once. Are we so poor we can’t get a good striker for the league on loan to do anything. , is perhaps his motivation and leadership more the issue? I’m thinking the latter here 

Mellon has only one ace left to play as far as I'm concerned,

He needs to find a way of bringing his son in, to help dad out of the sticky situation and in this league, that could be a marriage made in heaven.