Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, al_bro said:

From that history I would be very wary of this chap. Note he has had property companies in the past and tried a few other businesses, his latest being both luxury and budget furniture. Most of these businesses run from the same address.

Luxurie furniture apparently.

If that really is a spelling mistake (rather than, for example, a play on a name because the company name already taken) then don't allow him within 10 miles of BP !

Just now, wiseowl said:

Luxurie furniture apparently.

If that really is a spelling mistake (rather than, for example, a play on a name because the company name already taken) then don't allow him within 10 miles of BP !

Play on words I suspect (classy innit)... although looking at his twitter account there is a chance it may be a spelling mistake too. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Play on words I suspect (classy innit)... although looking at his twitter account there is a chance it may be a spelling mistake too. 

He might just need an experienced older head to steer him in his early days, a mentor who's seen it all and come out on top. Someone who sees a little bit of himself in this talented but wayward kid. Bit like Rocky with Tommy Gunn. Go on Kow, give something back.

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

He might just need an experienced older head to steer him in his early days, a mentor who's seen it all and come out on top. Someone who sees a little bit of himself in this talented but wayward kid. Bit like Rocky with Tommy Gunn. Go on Kow, give something back.

I usually just read most of the comments on here without wishing to get involved.

Unfortunately my first impression when you mentioned a need for a mentor was that you were going to suggest Baz.

I really do need to go and lie down

19 minutes ago, another fan said:

I usually just read most of the comments on here without wishing to get involved.

Unfortunately my first impression when you mentioned a need for a mentor was that you were going to suggest Baz.

so did i was reading it with my tounge firmly in my cheek 

4 hours ago, another fan said:

4 hours ago, peanuts said:

so did i was reading it with my tounge firmly in my cheek 

Be interesting to see who the public would prefer in a poll though 

Apologies if I'm being thick but is this a separate entity to the "FLG" ?

I'm just a bit sceptical of any group of businessmen who don't have any affinity with my team however plausible their intentions may sound.

We've apparently jumped out of one "frying pan" and it'd be a shame if we didn't learn from that mistake.

We need new owner or investors badly this club has just gone downhill rapidly since late 1990s. I was lucky enough to remember the glory days of 1990 onwards and old enough to remember the good old days of the holy grail of trainers diadora Borg elite.  Fila bj tracksuit tops . Sergio tacchini.  No promotion for nearly 30 years record transfer fee 25 years ago ! Come on let's have a change of luck we deserve it !!!!!!

48 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

We, the fans, will have no say in who the next owner will be.

Correct, I was meaning the castigating of the current owner whilst thinking anyone would be an improvement.

A consortium of property developers or builders would give me even more sleepless nights.

Archived