Ex players and that

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Except the story about the WhatsApp post came out after he'd been sacked. He wasn't sacked for that. 

18 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

"And the leniency of the punishment meted out to Gerrard has surprised officials at Oldham."

Statement is a load of bullshit. 

No need to comment on it now, it's in the past. Other than taking a petty swipe at Gerrard (which for us is more than possible). The only other reason I see for such a statement is that we're trying to save face because we're involved in some sort of legal proceedings regarding his sacking.

52 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

No need to comment on it now, it's in the past. Other than taking a petty swipe at Gerrard (which for us is more than possible). The only other reason I see for such a statement is that we're trying to save face because we're involved in some sort of legal proceedings regarding his sacking.

If there hadn’t been a statement then the opposite would be being said. No question. 

4 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

1. I agree completely.  No need for a statement from the club.  It makes the club look pathetic.

2. AG is a bit of a dickhead.  We knew that already.  He is saying he is going to expose what was/is really going on behind the scenes at Latics to the local Carlisle paper.  I'd like to know his take on AL and the new regime etc. (keeping in mind he's still a dickhead with an axe to grind). Maybe to your point about his termination.

3. Not to be a nit picker but last I checked Islam is not a race. Shouldn't it be a "bigoted" or "anti-islamic" joke?  

4. I have told some pretty offensive jokes in my times (as I imagine many of us have).  I'm glad i'm smart enough (or too old) to be posting stuff like that on social media with work people.

29 minutes ago, U.S. Blues said:

1. I agree completely.  No need for a statement from the club.  It makes the club look pathetic.

2. AG is a bit of a dickhead.  We knew that already.  He is saying he is going to expose what was/is really going on behind the scenes at Latics to the local Carlisle paper.  I'd like to know his take on AL and the new regime etc. (keeping in mind he's still a dickhead with an axe to grind). Maybe to your point about his termination.

3. Not to be a nit picker but last I checked Islam is not a race. Shouldn't it be a "bigoted" or "anti-islamic" joke?  

4. I have told some pretty offensive jokes in my times (as I imagine many of us have).  I'm glad i'm smart enough (or too old) to be posting stuff like that on social media with work people.

On point 3, you don’t know what was said. It could have included racist references. 

2 hours ago, U.S. Blues said:

I couldn’t give a toss what the chubby thicko thinks of anything to do with Latics. He clearly has an axe to grind and the club atmosphere and direction has improved dramatically since the likes of him have left. 

good riddance, we’ve moved on.