Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If it’s his money and his risk, then fine. The moment there’s any risk of the club going pop due to mismanagement or questionable dealings then we’re all affected. 

That’s what I’d like confirmation about. I don’t want us to be the next Bury. If he wants to blow his money on strange signings or a solid gold H&S badge for big bad Barry then fine, just don’t take my club down in the process. 

If you did find out it was borrowed money/front for bassini/silent Dubai partner. Would you do with the information? What can we as fans effect? 

We either go to games or don’t. That’s it. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If you did find out it was borrowed money/front for bassini/silent Dubai partner. Would you do with the information? What can we as fans effect? 

I believe that a community of thousands could come together and effect change.

I don’t buy the ‘nowt we can do so no point whinging about it’ line of thinking. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Given the general reaction to this news I'm interested how they plan on increasing season ticket sales from the very low number sold so far...

Just now, nzlatic said:

I believe that a community of thousands could come together and effect change.

I don’t buy the ‘nowt we can do so no point whinging about it’ line of thinking. 

It’s a nice idea. It really is.

Give me one example of a community of thousands effecting change? Real change I mean? Where an owner said, ‘right I’m going to listen after all’ or ‘sorry I’ve run it in the ground everybody, I’ll just leave quietly’ 

Did it work for
Blackpool?

Orient? 

Charlton? 
Bury? 

The simple answer is no. 

The fans of those clubs knew far more than we do, what did they effect? Nothing. The only thing that moved them clubs on, (Or die in Bury’s case) was someone willing to take them on. 

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a nice idea. It really is.

Give me one example of a community of thousands effecting change? Real change I mean? Where an owner said, ‘right I’m going to listen after all’ or ‘sorry I’ve run it in the ground everybody, I’ll just leave quietly’ 

Did it work for
Blackpool?

Orient? 

Charlton? 
Bury? 

The simple answer is no. 

The fans of those clubs knew far more than we do, what did they effect? Nothing. The only thing that moved them clubs on, (Or die in Bury’s case) was someone willing to take them on. 

FCUM. Different circumstances obviously but there’s a community of football fans protesting about the owner who did something constructive. 

Bury fans were lording it up when the cash was being splashed and they were winning promotion. Who knows what might have happened if they’d mobilised before their chairmen saddled the club with unserviceable debt? Maybe nothing. But I’d bet they’d like to go back and try. 

Edit... saying all that, you’re probably right. Which is a shame. 

I really should be well happy due to the fact that both the football club and the stadium could finally be coming back under single ownership but I’m not, far from it!

My only hope is that AL turns out to be a bit part player in all of this and the real money people now come out of the shadows.

If AL really is the money man I genuinely fear for the future. With the FLG owning the stadium it would have been a little Insurance if the football side went tits up, whereas now, if AL makes a proper town halls of it (which is highly likely) he could fold the club, sell the land and  we’d be properly fucked!!

I’m also curious as to what the comments will be from PTB, the FLG, and the trust. I’m also wondering how AL is going to appease the fan base and sell season tickets. Something really drastic like £125 season tickets could have the desired effect because if he can’t grab the attention of the Oldham public then what will have been the point to all of this?

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I really should be well happy due to the fact that both the football club and the stadium could finally be coming back under single ownership but I’m not, far from it!

My only hope is that AL turns out to be a bit part player in all of this and the real money people now come out of the shadows.

If AL really is the money man I genuinely fear for the future. With the FLG owning the stadium it would have been a little Insurance if the football side went tits up, whereas now, if AL makes a proper town halls of it (which is highly likely) he could fold the club, sell the land and  we’d be properly fucked!!

I’m also curious as to what the comments will be from PTB, the FLG, and the trust. I’m also wondering how AL is going to appease the fan base and sell season tickets. Something really drastic like £125 season tickets could have the desired effect because if he can’t grab the attention of the Oldham public then what will have been the point to all of this?

I feel the same mate,  I have no faith at all that the current leadership can improve anything at OAFC given their tenure to date. This season in all likelihood we will finish in our lowest position since 1969/70 and the worst in my 50 years of watching. The team has improved of late (won 3 of last 4 home games) but its been a shocking season all in, recruitment recently appears better but only time will tell if this is going to be a constant from hereon in. Off the field has been an utter shambles and I await the rest of the season in trepidation.

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

Best start looking at the Trust ACV stuff and firing it over.

How many years was the Trusts ACV status granted for? 
Surely the only way he can recoup his (loan) or Bassini’s money would be to sell land, at least the trust have first refusal if it’s still valid..But it will be at an over inflated price to cover what they have paid out..

3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

The FLG are extremely quiet bearing in mind Blitz has just royally fucked them over.

How? AL has paid Blitz's price before the FLG. If the FLG wanted to buy the land etc. then they had at least 7 months to do so. They couldn't afford it, or didn't think it was worth the price Blitz wanted. 

That was always going to be a possibility even before disputes over safety and service level agreements. By the FLG getting aggressive, probably rightly at the time, over issues it gave AL the motivation to find the cash to meet Blitz's asking price. It was worth more to AL than the FLG, as was always going to be the case. 

If everything progresses at the expected rate what's the betting the stand will be open for our next home game? Or if not Season Tickets suddenly being available for next season. 

With issues around FFP connected to ground ownership I can see the FA trying to implement some form of regulation to stop football clubs 'selling' all their ground to a company run by the owners of the football club. However, there's currently nothing stopping AL from creating a separate company who own the freehold to Boundary Park. If he does, the Trust need to make very clear records and have their objection noted on record. That was one thing that Fleece didn't do, as I wouldn't be surprised if Blitz's asking price is well above what Blitz paid towards the stand, especially when you consider the loophole the club helped Brassbank with in terms of tax bills. Brooke is also likely to be slightly culpable given the timings of the stand opening. 

As to where AL found the money, I can see a bank lending it to him. The Bury Chairman (Day) took out a mortgage on Gigg Lane that has some ridiculous interest rate, the same bank(s) is just as likely to give AL the same sort of deal. That's without considering any other assets AL has. 

Keep your power dry

No one on this board knows anything concrete about any deal that may have been agreed or if it will be finalised.

For once I am quite enjoying the OWTB experience, happy in a delusional. stupid and blissfully ignorant haze. 

Said it before, stick together, support the club. Owners come and go, think for yourselves and don't let the detractors bring you down. I hope those who's first thoughts tonight is that for them the marriage is over, see a small chink of light and stick in there tomorrow. One family at the end of the day.

people bending themselves backwards to try and see blitz as some form of saviour ever must feel like reyt twats 😂😂

blitz v AL

😂😂😂

good one.

#walktheleague next season now.

If l was AL l would get the deal done, get Bazza publicly fucked right off, then call an open public meeting where l apologised for my previous mistakes, explain how l had seen and amended my transfer errors (evidence seems to back this) and then promise promotion.

ALL IN 🌊🧊🧩🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

That's me done with Latics then. The worst possible outcome in my eyes was exactly this.

Positively scary that this regime may soon be in charge of everything; lock, stock and barrel. If things just carry on as they have, money will undoubtedly be lost hand over fist. The final reckoning of a terminal decline IF they owned everything is pretty obvious.

Over and out. Thanks for the memories.

Genuine question, if AL had called you in like cornet did and snake oiled you like cornet did, would that have been enough for you to 180 it and tell us all that everything is fine and we should all jus be quiet, like you did under cornet?

Could it even still happen with a one to one boardroom experience and a few creepy smiles?

Archived