Administration

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Pitch looks good

Its the best it has looked at this time of year under any ownership since the Plastic got removed.  Not everything done under AL is bad.

Just saying.   

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l'm calling bullshit on chronology here, as on exhibit 1 if Bazza is breifing the steward then how can play be taking place in the background then in exhibit 2 the steward is following Bazza's orders but there are still pitch fork, owl and camera types on the pitch in the background?

I'd say one took place before kick off, one just after. Shadows are the same.  The one after play started presmably the steward reporting back.

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

Its the best it has looked at this time of year under any ownership since the Plastic got removed.  Not everything done under AL is bad.

Just saying.   

I mean it's not possible to get every single thing wrong, so good job he got that halogen lighting gantry.
As long as he keeps up payments on the lease.....

Everybody seems to have gone quiet.

I suppose Barry would have been doing what "his owner" told him to.  There were comments at the match that the enforcer was trying to get people thrown out and I have seen people ejected - obviously the crowd is too big!

I would suggest the pitch is better than usual because it hasn't been covered as long.  The benefits of global warming.

12 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Everybody seems to have gone quiet.

I suppose Barry would have been doing what "his owner" told him to.  There were comments at the match that the enforcer was trying to get people thrown out and I have seen people ejected - obviously the crowd is too big!

I would suggest the pitch is better than usual because it hasn't been covered as long.  The benefits of global warming.

In terms of the pitch I think its because the club invested in one of those grow light things so they can get more light to the pitch. Especially the area near to the main stand which always struggles. 

IIRC we had one for a few months during Corney's tenure but that was on loan from GMP, who had confiscated it from a weed grower. 

Although it's been a bit warmer this year, we've had a lot more rain, especially of late. The pitch has done really well so far this season but a few more games with heavy rain might knacker it. 

Full credit to the ground staff who've done a great job this year. 

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Is anyone working at the club this week? Three days and not a whisper on the official site.

Prob because no one has been paid.  Certainly promises not being kept on payment is just the norm for Oldham and the new accounting wizard is no different.  Why cant they just be honest and say we have no money?

I will pay you next week is easier but not honest!!

Things are going to get rather grim.

UK is about two weeks behind Italy with Covid-19 if you go by the number of cases and now that we have sadly heard about the first death here.

Italy has just stopped all spectators going to all sporting events.  If we are also two weeks away from this the outcome not only for OAFC but also for any other struggling EFL clubs could be dire.  It might not be administration that does the damage.

5 hours ago, Lags said:

Why? 

So.…. are you telling me Barry turns round and points out some random bloke sitting there watching the game and tells a steward to throw him out? seriously??

I can believe some stuff about Barry, but not that.

Do people actually read the whole thread posts? Do I not say if this bloke's only crime was to unfurl an AL out banner, I'd be sat with him next home match backing his right and corner.

OWTB blinkered since, well since I last posted!!

I witnessed it, it was before the match so nothing to do with the banner and nothing to do with any dissent, was just Baz, his ego and his ‘power.’

As soon as Barry walked in he was looking around all paranoid and spotted that young lad on his phone in front of him.

Barry assumed the lad was taking photos of him so caught the eye of the bald steward and made a side wards “chucking” gesture with his arms.

The steward then went to see the lad and pretty much interrogated him for couple minutes and even had the lad show him what was on his screen etc - the lad was completely bemused and protested as such.

The steward then went back a couple times to Barry on other whims and kept looking over to him to see what he might want next.

Was pretty sad really and all about Barry’s ego.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thats just a twitter account and could mean anything. Nothing conclusive.

It's the most in the know Twitter account for a long time. 

It will know from Blitz side too. 

So it seems all Blitz was bothered about was his money, unsurpringly.

But it might mean the North Stand reopened, and Marco has lost on all fronts. 

Archived