League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant that!

City are no longer Manchester City, just a collection of very highly paid mercenaries who happen to be playing for a club based in a city called Manchester. If the corrupt Abu Dhabi rulers had bought Norwich City they’d all be living in bleedin Norfolk !!

8 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Helped by the man u supporting ref mind

I've met him.  He's the most passionate Altrincham supporter I've ever known.

As for the red card, one foot high, studs up.  High level of force in the challenge.  Trailing leg followed through.  Eyes appear to have been closed.  Had no idea where the ball was in the immediate aftermath.  And Delph was a bit of a twat in his League One days at Leeds.

I can see why the colour of card changed.  And I'd guess one of the other officials suggested the change.

51 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Let's hope next season we can have a cup run get on TV and have scenes like last night fans on the pitch . I really good times on the horizon for oldham

When it happened back in 89-90 I never came across anyone that wasn't hoping we would win all those games. Suspect it would be different these days with the ludicrous degree of polarisation being displayed.

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wigan are more sickening than Dale and Citeh combined. Awful club.

Why the hate for any club ? Support your own club by all means, but don't begrudge their fans the moments of glory we had. 

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

Rochdale win is best

Disagree. Only as it stands today, but not looking a little further ahead.

a) It's too early to say if they get a little run going from being high on confidence.

b ) Their fixture pile up should affect them, but they have too many games in hand at this stage to be sure that will happen.

c) Their newer pitch will ease the injuries and fatigue they would have got on their old one.

Draw is best, suits neither of them.

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Disagree. Only as it stands today, but not looking a little further ahead.

a) It's too early to say if they get a little run going from being high on confidence.

b ) Their fixture pile up should affect them, but they have too many games in hand at this stage to be sure that will happen.

c) Their newer pitch will ease the injuries and fatigue they would have got on their old one.

Draw is best, suits neither of them.

If two of our rivals are playing each other, then I usually want a draw. A point disappears from the system.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Why the hate for any club ? Support your own club by all means, but don't begrudge their fans the moments of glory we had. 

Quite.  No idea why Wigan are so loathed; seems to be based on them having a shared inability to pronounce "Athletic" and having been monied.

6 hours ago, opinions4u said:

I've met him.  He's the most passionate Altrincham supporter I've ever known.

As for the red card, one foot high, studs up.  High level of force in the challenge.  Trailing leg followed through.  Eyes appear to have been closed.  Had no idea where the ball was in the immediate aftermath.  And Delph was a bit of a twat in his League One days at Leeds.

I can see why the colour of card changed.  And I'd guess one of the other officials suggested the change.

Possibly the 4th official, the way Cook was going at him, which seemed in turn to upset Guardiola no end.

1 hour ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Money, a decent ground and success in recent years is why I don't like (not hate) them. I totally admit that is just down to jealously on my part (and the same goes for teams like Huddersfield when they have success) and I should be a bigger man but I imagine I'm not alone in that. Petty jealously and pride isn't unusual in football supporters and is actually part of what makes the game so interesting for me. I also doubt we were as well loved as some claimed when we were having success in the late 80s, early 90s. People might have made a public show of being complimentary about us but I imagine they had different thoughts in private..

I don't begrudge Burnley the success they've had, Swansea, Leicester, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Stoke etc etc etc have all been down here and I wouldn't think twice about supporting any of them as the underdog.

Wigan to me is just a nothing club with no history, no fans and wouldn't have ever done anything other than drop out of the FL if it wasn't for daves bank account. Last night felt similar to watching MK cause an upset, meh.

19 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

1. They’ve won the FA Cup.....

2. ....and have more fans than us.

1. An indisputable fact.... and for which I congratulate them. However, we came f'kin close in '94 and were unlucky not to have had a crack in '90 too. I can say less about 1913..... but that's 3 times we've been close to a Cup Final. They've made the Semi's twice.

2. Since they've been in the Football League [1978], of the 39 seasons, we've averaged more fans than them on 21 occasions, to their 18. They've basically won every year from 2000, we won every one prior to that. They topped 19k the year they won the cup, we had 15k in our first season back in Div 1. They've stooped as low as 1,700 in 1995. The lowest we've seen is 4,300.

I'd say it's pretty even over the course of time, they're just doing better than us right now because they've had a sugar daddy who's pumped a load of money in to get them there. Let's hope Mr. Lemsagam has a plan to get us competing again once more and we might see the fruits of that.....

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I don't begrudge the genuine fans their moment of glory - but there's way's of celebrating your achievements.  The way they ran over and goaded the City fans reminded me of when they beat us 3-1 at their place in the Dowie play-off season to pretty much guarantee we couldn't go up automatically and seemed more bothered about winding us up than celebrating the fact that they'd just won the title.

Must be something in their fabric...

Plus there's the whole "Latics" thing.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't begrudge the genuine fans their moment of glory - but there's way's of celebrating your achievements.  The way they ran over and goaded the City fans reminded me of when they beat us 3-1 at their place in the Dowie play-off season to pretty much guarantee we couldn't go up automatically and seemed more bothered about winding us up than celebrating the fact that they'd just won the title.

Must be something in their fabric...

Plus there's the whole "Latics" thing.

Think I was there did Andrews score after min

Archived