League 1 Activity

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

1. An indisputable fact.... and for which I congratulate them. However, we came f'kin close in '94 and were unlucky not to have had a crack in '90 too. I can say less about 1913..... but that's 3 times we've been close to a Cup Final. They've made the Semi's twice.

2. Since they've been in the Football League [1978], of the 39 seasons, we've averaged more fans than them on 21 occasions, to their 18. They've basically won every year from 2000, we won every one prior to that. They topped 19k the year they won the cup, we had 15k in our first season back in Div 1. They've stooped as low as 1,700 in 1995. The lowest we've seen is 4,300.

I'd say it's pretty even over the course of time, they're just doing better than us right now because they've had a sugar daddy who's pumped a load of money in to get them there. Let's hope Mr. Lemsagam has a plan to get us competing again once more and we might see the fruits of that.....

I wouldnt say its pretty even. Id say we used to be bigger than them now they are bigger than us in fact they are way ahead. With due respect 1 semi final and 1 FA cup win trumps 3 semi finals. There 8 seasons in the PL trumps our 3 in the top flight they have achieved more in the last 40 years than we have like it or not. 

How that goes in the future who knows If in 3-5 years we have caught up with Wigan then I would say that Mr Lemsagams plan (assuming he has one) has been a spectacular success.

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Craig Bellamy has just gone in at 1/5 for the Oxford job...... :shock:

in talks according to the BBC. He has been working with  Colin at Cardiff for a while though and was interviewed for the Wales job.

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I think he could make a good manager tbh. 

Never struck me as having much idea tactically. Was very direct as a player so perhaps hasn't the nous needed to be a manager. He's also apparently a bit of a wally. Missed backing a dog he part-owned which was a well fancied winner in London, he forgot because he was watching X-factor !! So perhaps not the sharpest knife in the box.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Never struck me as having much idea tactically. Was very direct as a player so perhaps hasn't the nous needed to be a manager. He's also apparently a bit of a wally. Missed backing a dog he part-owned which was a well fancied winner in London, he forgot because he was watching X-factor !! So perhaps not the sharpest knife in the box.

Be interesting to see how someone who called Bobby Robson a senile old cunt and threw a chair at his coach manages a stroppy dressing room. He pissed Souness off as well though so he's not all bad.

11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Dale vs Dons...what do we want from this...a draw probably the best outcome?

A load of cards, some of them red. Considering Ross Joyce (him from the Charlton home game) is the ref, there's a decent chance of that coming true. 

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Dale vs Dons...what do we want from this...a draw probably the best outcome?

Yes I'd say so. Failing that a dale win. And if they can't beat what I thought was a poor dons side who are without their best player then Keith hill should be kicking some backsides and asking them how they drew against spurs. 

Archived