New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Not talking about Tony the man. I'm talking about Tony the club hero, legend,great servant. See the reaction here.

Clubs in the :censored:, we needed him at the helm and he's pied us off twice at least.

So let me get this straight.....you want TP to put his name forward for a job that he thinks he isn't up to doing in the long term. Tony is more than happy to step in for the interim period and has done on more than one occasion.

If he doesn't feel he can do the job, what gives you the right to condemn his decision?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about Giggs; anyone noticed he's in France with ITV? If it's him, there's been a few phone calls across the Channel.

Agent!!!

Or is that "Agent Provocateur, as the French would say"?

Edited by mikejh45

So let me get this straight.....you want TP to put his name forward for a job that he thinks he isn't up to doing in the long term. Tony is more than happy to step in for the interim period and has done on more than one occasion.

If he doesn't feel he can do the job, what gives you the right to condemn his decision?

Dont-Feed-The-Trolls-Meme-09.jpg

(taken from the mirror live sports/transfer blog)

Kuqi holds Oldham talks:

Shefki Kuqi met with Oldham on Thursday to discuss the vacant managers post.

But the former Boundary Park striker still has no idea whether or not he will get the job.

Terms had been agreed in principal between Kuqi, who won 62 Finland caps, and his former club.

And he flew in from Kosovo earlier this week for what he believed to be talks in which the Is would be dotted and Ts crossed.

However, discussions over recruitment and tactics stalled the process and he has yet to learn whether or not Oldham want him.

The plan was to team Kuqi with director of football Shaun ODriscoll.

(taken from the mirror live sports/transfer blog)

Kuqi holds Oldham talks:

Shefki Kuqi met with Oldham on Thursday to discuss the vacant managers post.

But the former Boundary Park striker still has no idea whether or not he will get the job.

Terms had been agreed in principal between Kuqi, who won 62 Finland caps, and his former club.

And he flew in from Kosovo earlier this week for what he believed to be talks in which the Is would be dotted and Ts crossed.

However, discussions over recruitment and tactics stalled the process and he has yet to learn whether or not Oldham want him.

The plan was to team Kuqi with director of football Shaun ODriscoll.

I understand Kuqi goes for attacking football, Shirtliff is defensive minded, maybe that's the problem.

Also if Kuqi has no say in recruitment he or anyone else could find it difficult to manage players they don't like. A far cry from Jimmy Frizzel's day when he did the lot on his own. I'm not sure this too many cooks idea will work.

Let's just see what happens in the next couple of weeks eh.

Really sorry, as usual you are absolutely right.

Everything is hunky dory in the OAFC garden.

No manager, very few players, pre season training already started, players and previous manager can't get away quick enough.

No cause for concern whatsoever.

As you were.

No manager, very few players, pre season training already started, players and previous manager can't get away quick enough.

As you were.

It's been a very worrying summer. Obviously.

But if we sign 15 players and a manager this week then we'll only be a few days behind other teams in terms of pre season training.

As you were.

It wouldn't have been my way of doing things but clearly the plan was to allow contracts to run down and start again with a new setup.

We can speculate on the reasoning behind that but at least give them the chance to do it and see where we are come September.

It wouldn't have been my way of doing things but clearly the plan was to allow contracts to run down and start again with a new setup.

We can speculate on the reasoning behind that but at least give them the chance to do it and see where we are come September.

I always give the club time, I've been going for 43 years and will continue to do so, but the current situation is far from ideal.

It's been a very worrying summer. Obviously.

But if we sign 15 players and a manager this week then we'll only be a few days behind other teams in terms of pre season training.

....and then we can stop worrying about unpaid wages, HMRC winding up orders, manager leaving us, 2 managers pulling out at last minute, players choosing to drop a division, no work being done on new stand, minimal work on the pitch....clearly nothing wrong that a few free transfers from Accrington and Dagenham and Redbridge won't solve?

....and then we can stop worrying about unpaid wages, HMRC winding up orders, manager leaving us, 2 managers pulling out at last minute, players choosing to drop a division, no work being done on new stand, minimal work on the pitch....clearly nothing wrong that a few free transfers from Accrington and Dagenham and Redbridge won't solve?

Another childish argument. Where did I say that all our troubles would be gone?

But to answer your points in turn...

Unpaid wages and winding up orders - yes a concern for all. I'd be surprised if you could point to someone saying otherwise

Manager leaving us - is this a new thing then? The theory behind a DoF would be that this sort of thing would be less damaging in future as replacements would already have been scouted in preparation (see Southampton who's regular departure of top players and managers doesn't seem to be affecting them too much)

2 managers pulling out at last minute - Evans was always a pipe dream that almost came off. Do you know for a fact that Kuqi has pulled out at the last minute?

Players choosing to drop a division - eh? If they were that good they'd have had offers from teams in league 1. But they haven't, so why should it be the end of the world that they've left us?

Stand and pitch - again a concern, but we have little money so not a surprise.

Signings - nice bit of snobbery there. Our signings last season from Burton, Wycombe and a Donny Rovers reject played a big part in saving our season.

Another childish argument. Where did I say that all our troubles would be gone?

But to answer your points in turn...

Unpaid wages and winding up orders - yes a concern for all. I'd be surprised if you could point to someone saying otherwise

Manager leaving us - is this a new thing then? The theory behind a DoF would be that this sort of thing would be less damaging in future as replacements would already have been scouted in preparation (see Southampton who's regular departure of top players and managers doesn't seem to be affecting them too much)

2 managers pulling out at last minute - Evans was always a pipe dream that almost came off. Do you know for a fact that Kuqi has pulled out at the last minute?

Players choosing to drop a division - eh? If they were that good they'd have had offers from teams in league 1. But they haven't, so why should it be the end of the world that they've left us?

Stand and pitch - again a concern, but we have little money so not a surprise.

Signings - nice bit of snobbery there. Our signings last season from Burton, Wycombe and a Donny Rovers reject played a big part in saving our season.

??? agree completely