New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Would Giggs be any good anyway?

There's no evidence to say he'd necessarily cut it managing the Premier League football he's used to never mind signing and coaching plodders in a standard of football he's probably never paid much attention to.

The red bastard.

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale must spend a fortune on their youth set up. Or have better coaches.

The club has apparently asked him twice to save us from this managerless mess and he's said no. Hero.

Apparently...

Apparently we are appointing Evans...

Apparently we appointing Kuqi...

Apparently we are going into liquidation...

Apparently if my Auntie had a dick she'd be my uncle...

Edited by palmer1

Apparently...

I agree. But on the last point she definitely would and you'd be supporting Burnley lol

Apparently...

Do you think they've not asked him? If your aunts son was telling people she had a dick I'd believe him.

I thought youth teams are funded by grants from Premiership who then have first pick of the best with a fixed compensation scheme. So the youth set up costs very little and the compensation is profit.

Giggs has more sense than to jeopardise his managerial career by coming here. This does now seem to be our problem in that once we get to the point where people are told what they are getting themselves into they back off.

We are going to get someone whose career has stalled, like Dickov, or someone who is a rookie and in either case if things go well they will jump ship at the earliest opportunity.

These are not happy days!

I thought youth teams are funded by grants from Premiership who then have first pick of the best with a fixed compensation scheme. So the youth set up costs very little and the compensation is profit.

Giggs has more sense than to jeopardise his managerial career by coming here. This does now seem to be our problem in that once we get to the point where people are told what they are getting themselves into they back off.

We are going to get someone whose career has stalled, like Dickov, or someone who is a rookie and in either case if things go well they will jump ship at the earliest opportunity.

These are not happy days!

Giggs should not expect to walk into a top managerial job, he said he wanted a challenge, what bigger one than us?

As long as it's not that fraud Tony P I'll be happy now we've got a decent assistant on board. Hope O'driscoll has sorted some players out.

Disgraceful post, Tony is a brilliant servant of our club and is also a perfect gentleman and will always take the time to talk to any fan, please respect what he has done for our club over a long period of time. Being a football manager is rather an unstable and possibly a very short career path and if you are a family man may not be the wisest choice.

Edited by paw4

Disgraceful post, Tony is a brilliant servant of our club and is also a perfect gentleman and will always take the time to talk to any fan, please respect what he has done for our club over a long period of time. Being a football manager is rather an unstable and possibly a very short career path and if you are a family man may not be the wisest choice.

I hope Clifford apologises for the wording of his post.

I hope Clifford apologises for the wording of his post.

Little chance BP1960 - just another of his Troll posts - just ignore

TP is the new Billy Urmson in my eyes ..... and I'm guessing at least BP1960 / latics pete and some others would understand that it's a great compliment I pay him.

TP is the new Billy Urmson in my eyes ..... and I'm guessing at least BP1960 / latics pete and some others would understand that it's a great compliment I pay him.

A great compliment indeed. I just can't work out what makes Clifford tick. Actually, I prefer not to know.

I have met TP and BU many times, both gentlemen of the highest order who dedicated many years to the club and helped to graduate many very good youths to the first team and higher levels. Clifford should be ashamed of himself for his remarks.

Edited by BP1960

Indeed.

Both men who have given lots to this club, not seeking self aggrandisement or fame . Even nowadays there are men who love the game and , like good teachers, care about the development of young people.

I have met TP and BU many times, both gentlemen of the highest order who dedicated many years to the club and helped to graduate many very good youths to the first team and higher levels. Clifford should be ashamed of himself for his remarks.

He's a very strange person. Best just ignore him. This is a very sad day for the club. Rise above it.

Not talking about Tony the man. I'm talking about Tony the club hero, legend,great servant. See the reaction here.

Clubs in the :censored:, we needed him at the helm and he's pied us off twice at least.

The reaction is 100% against you.