New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memo to self......satire wasted on Satyrs

It was tongue in cheek? My apologies, I missed that. I should probably cut your post I quoted and replace it with many of the others this morning worded very similarly.

It was tongue in cheek? My apologies, I missed that. I should probably cut your post I quoted and replace it with many of the others this morning worded very similarly.

No problem Nz.....don't take seriously what is said on here ( even when it said seriously) ...that is a certain road to insanity!

What he actually says is 'no there is big empty pages front and back of the chron today'

Front page leads with Frizzell, back page is about the search for a new manager continuing. Mentions John Pemberton but only speculates that he could be in the mix. With interviews to be carried out, I really wouldn't expect anything to happen until the back end of the week.

Edited by Twisbrogan

But to answer your points in turn...

Manager leaving us - is this a new thing then? The theory behind a DoF would be that this sort of thing would be less damaging in future as replacements would already have been scouted in preparation (see Southampton who's regular departure of top players and managers doesn't seem to be affecting them too much)

We've not got a Director of Football though.

Bit of a pointless question this... but is this the fastest growing thread in the history of OWTB? Makes the Ched threads look like slow burners...

Probably, seeing as it might be revived after Christmas.

I don't know who has chosen this conga of players we have supposedly got lined up, but if I was the new manager I would want to pick them myself, knowing that it's my head on the block at the end of the day. Who knows? Maybe he has..

The pitch looks fantastic now, I don't see why it won't cope

The current is years past its life though, isn't it? So, whilst it might look okay now, it probably won't in a few months' time. But we're kidding ourselves if we think the club are going to invest in relaying the bugger.