Kelly to Orient

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me either sure there would be a gelling period etc but I wouldn't miss any of them now the Coleman has been sold, he was the only one I really rated. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, plenty are still on our books and are as yet to announce they've left. We might get stuck with a few yet.

not as unpopular as you think. Best of a very bad bunch. Would he really be missed as much as people think, no.

He's a decent defensive player and his game suited our piss poor tactics and inability to retain possession! He's good at breaking up the play but if we actually tried to attack the opposition more he'd have hardly been noticed.

The fact that Johnson didn't come back in for him when at Barnsley and that no bids have been lodged during the season suggests he's not as good as people think.

At least the incoming manager has a clean slate and almost full budget to rebuild the entire team and squad around Cassidy

Full budget?

Our budget from conversations with the Chairman himself in 2013/14 was £1.6M

Our budget for this year has been reported to be as low as £800K (club insiders) - £1.3M the Chron. Corney with his Fire Sale has set a relegation budget...

Not that he gives a :censored: anymore. Sooner he's ousted the better. He's killing the club, now isn't the time for people saying BUT he saved the club. Maybe so 13 Years ago, now he's killing it....

Full budget?

Our budget for this year has been reported to be as low as £800K (club insiders) - £1.3M the Chron. Corney with his Fire Sale has set a relegation budget...

Not that he gives a :censored: anymore. Sooner he's ousted the better. He's killing the club, now isn't the time for people saying BUT he saved the club. Maybe so 13 Years ago, now he's killing it....

Amen to that

Full budget?

The Chron stated that last seasons budget was £1.3m, and this seasons is slightly lower.

Managers say that it takes time to gel 3 or 4 new players into a team. How does it work with a full squad?

For once, I don't really have a problem with a virtually new squad.

Me too. Kelly is soooo overrated by latics fans. Cant pass for :censored:, his shooting is woeful and he is never a captain in a million years. He is good at breaking up opposition play, I'll agree, but bugger all else.

Edited by kowenicki

Kelly is far from the complete midfielder but I doubt that Matt Palmer would have been as good as he was without him. Kelly does a lot of the dirty work and is energetic and strong enough that a good ball player will thrive alongside him in a 2 man midfield.

In most league one teams he's good but replaceable. For us and the budget we supposedly have I don't expect us to adequately replace him. If we do then great.

The Chron stated that last seasons budget was £1.3m, and this seasons is slightly lower.

Managers say that it takes time to gel 3 or 4 new players into a team. How does it work with a full squad?

probly easier if your starting virtualy from scratch rather than trying to assimilate a new player into an already established dressingroom

didn't that happen a few years ago? I think we had something like 8 or 9 new players who started the first game and a couple of subs also ... I think it was around the time we had Richard Butcher (RIP) .. can't remember who the manager was tho.. Penney/Ronnie maybe?

Me too. Kelly is soooo overrated by latics fans. Cant pass for :censored:, his shooting is woeful and he is never a captain in a million years. He is good at breaking up opposition play, I'll agree, but bugger all else.

Please explain your reasons behind saying he isn't a captain in a million years...

didn't that happen a few years ago? I think we had something like 8 or 9 new players who started the first game and a couple of subs also ... I think it was around the time we had Richard Butcher (RIP) .. can't remember who the manager was tho.. Penney/Ronnie maybe?

Norwich reserves will have played together for some time...

Yeovil at home first game of the season in Ronnies first full season I think, about ten years ago. Possibly Chris Day,Liddell,Warne,wellens,rob Scott, possibly Butcher and Forbes.

Just checked.August 2005. The above all started plus Porter and Johnson played for Yeovil

Edited by astottie