Match off!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it isn't and that's why we get such pathetic outcomes of various things.

Common sense is not allowed in town halls for instance !!!!

Yes it is. The health and safety exec publish regularly a list of issues in the media which are blamed on health and safety and which have no relevant legislation or guidelines. A convenient scapegoat for the lazy and ill-informed.

Guest nonaenever

It is very disappointing. What's baffling me is the comment that the pitch WAS playable at 9am - the sun has since ascended a little more (realise it's not much ascension at this time of year) and the temperature has gone up slightly - not down. I understand about the large shadows cast by stands BUT nobody seems to be saying any part of the pitch was unplayable at 9am. If that information is correct; you can only reach one logical conclusion i.e. the watering of the pitch has led to this postponement - because, not surprisingly, the water has frozen. IF that's right, that is one rather large cock-up - a real blow to cash-flow and I`m pretty gutted because it's actually a good day for football; nice and still and sunny The commentator at Bury when I was on my way home said the conditions were great and their pitch looked terrific. It's not a million miles away, Bury, is it.

So Oldham Athletic are in the same league as Bonnyrigg Rose, Brechin City, East Fife and Formartine United when it comes to the preparation of their pitch.

There is no point blaming the ref because he will have his instructions to follow. If you can't present a playable pitch by 12.30 when every other club in the top five leagues has you are a joke.

Somewhat disappointed.

So Oldham Athletic are in the same league as Bonnyrigg Rose, Brechin City, East Fife and Formartine United when it comes to the preparation of their pitch.

There is no point blaming the ref because he will have his instructions to follow. If you can't present a playable pitch by 12.30 when every other club in the top five leagues has you are a joke.

Somewhat disappointed.

Because conditions were exactly the same for all clubs???

When did the club rip up the under soil heating and who's decision was it?

We had undersoil heating in the 80's we took it out due to the plastic pitch we haven't replace it since. Besides teams tend to go for those big light heater things these days. We can't afford them.

We are the only game in the top 5 divisions in England to be called off :)

Edited by GlossopLatic

Everyone at the Club has had 2 weeks to get ready for today

Above everything else, Its what we do isn't it

And we're the only Club in the Football League who cant fulfil our fixture

No revenue and I'd expect there will still be bills to pay despite the postponement

It's not bad luck or the Refs fault, its simply total incompetence :thumbsdown: