Shez - "I need five or six players"

Just now, Magister said:

F course I wasn't there, of course I have no idea what TW said but men like me of a certain age hear the wrong thing all the time and we take the piss out of each other when we do it ! 

You ain't known for your sense of humour so pardon me for not recognising that you were taking the p*ss because you had reached a certain age!!!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

You ain't known for your sense of humour so pardon me for not recognising that you were taking the p*ss because you had reached a certain age!!!

Conjunctivitis.com.....a sight for sore eyes?

i am putting my Hoover on eBay....it's only collecting dust

i asked my wife if she wanted to go out for dinner...she said yes....I was glad because I could have the house to myself

clearer for you?

Just now, Magister said:

i asked my wife if she wanted to go out for dinner...she said yes....I was glad because I could have the house to myself

clearer for you?

Jeez......give it up now........Tim Vine has a lot to answer for!!!

6 minutes ago, Magister said:

clearer for you?

The doctor said I needed a colonoscopy. I told him he could shove that up his @rse.

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Theft in a multi-storey car park - it's wrong on so many different levels....

* with acknowledgement to Mr Vine

"Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin." 

*Acknowledgement to Tim Vine

3 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Before I flew, Corney stated that they'd be one or two surprises on incoming players.  When you hear the word "surprise" to me it implies exciting signings.

In his defence, I'm pretty surprised we haven't signed another goalkeeper.

What you pay for a loan signing depends upon what the club wants for their player.  Ripley could have been cheaper if we guaranteed to play him when fit which we would have done without any hesitation.  When it comes to Wilson it would be interesting to know what Cardiff wanted for this half season loan and the terms that were agreed.  I can't see them wanting him to sit on the bench in Oldham.......

4 hours ago, Latics and England said:

How about... The money was never available but people started getting carried away be unfounded rumours and Simon Corney made similar statements to ones he makes every summer which turn out to be hot air?

Our inability to find any money right now after failing to land Ripley suggest that there was never a chance it was going to happen. You would imagine that Wilson is on considerably less than it would have cost us to secure Connor so that should leave a surplus. On the face of it, it hasn't. The logical conclusion is that the money required was never there. Comments from Shez at the time gave the impression that he thought the funds were there.

If it is more false promises made to Shez by our leader (which I fully believe is why he started firing out his CV to other clubs last year) I really hope if Shez leaves any time soon that he goes as nuclear on Corney as he did the team at Walsall. But as we know, money gets paid, mouths get kept shut.

47 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

If it is more false promises made to Shez by our leader (which I fully believe is why he started firing out his CV to other clubs last year) I really hope if Shez leaves any time soon that he goes as nuclear on Corney as he did the team at Walsall. But as we know, money gets paid, mouths get kept shut.

...and conspiracy theories get invented.

47 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

But as we know, money gets paid, mouths get kept shut.

Which means we can all jump to conclusions, act as if we know everything and vilify who ever we want at any given time.

standard owtb's...

1 minute ago, singe said:

I think everyone does, I am sure more on done on that day than the rest of the month put together,

Its the day those who didn't want to negotiate realise they better do something or no football for them!

39 minutes ago, JoeP said:

...and conspiracy theories get invented.

39 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Which means we can all jump to conclusions, act as if we know everything and vilify who ever we want at any given time.

standard owtb's...

Exactly. More transparency from the club would avoid that. Or perhaps, lo and behold, confirm the theories :bblue2: