Ex players and that

5 hours ago, daniel said:

Latest cracker from Rick Holden on facebook.

”Interested in the opinion of assessing
 what's going on at Oldham!  Losing  to Hendon?????
I know Micky Mellon very well- was at Blackpool with him!
He will get there but will be probably be a bit perplexed about the number of players on big wages but not good enough!
Got  to be a big clear out!
Owner not helping as brilliant as he's been bailing the club out-rowing across the Atlantic- what is up with him?
Should be concreting on the club not flapping about in the sea!”

I know he’s a club legend and all that, and the 1st half of his post is spot on, but what a strange thing to complain about in his 2nd half of the post. Vast majority calling him out for it, which is good, but very bizarre indeed.

I feel little bit sad reading Rick Holdens Facebook page sounds like he had abit of a rough Christmas and well some of his views are a little bit bizarre a kind of never meet your heroes thing going on.

As for the particular post well he didn't need the owners of JWLees to be in the stands to beat a full back and the current lot don't need Frank at the club every day either. If anything they should feel inspired that a guy who is old enough to be their Grandad is rowing the Atlantic for charity. I've no doubt they have respect for what he does for the club. Yep they should have done a hell of alot better yesterday but that's been covered in other threads.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bizarre Facebook ramblings are nothing new from Holden. He needs medical intervention...

I hope he gets the help he needs. His posts over the Christmas period were cringe. 

On 1/14/2024 at 5:05 PM, daniel said:

Latest cracker from Rick Holden on facebook.

”Interested in the opinion of assessing
 what's going on at Oldham!  Losing  to Hendon?????
I know Micky Mellon very well- was at Blackpool with him!
He will get there but will be probably be a bit perplexed about the number of players on big wages but not good enough!
Got  to be a big clear out!
Owner not helping as brilliant as he's been bailing the club out-rowing across the Atlantic- what is up with him?
Should be concreting on the club not flapping about in the sea!”

I know he’s a club legend and all that, and the 1st half of his post is spot on, but what a strange thing to complain about in his 2nd half of the post. Vast majority calling him out for it, which is good, but very bizarre indeed.

Remember when a few people wanted him as manager not so long ago?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

Ronnie Moore fave to take the Monkey Hangers job ... Shame we played them twice already .... we have a pre written song :D 

Two managers already rejected the job due to the owner according to Radio Tees. Sounds another mess of a club. 

Edited by adamoafc

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Edmundson and Harry Clarke both start for Ipswich in top of table Championship clash with Leicester.

Remember when Edmondson used to get pelters on here when he was just starting out, along with plenty of others who've gone on to do just fine in Leagues above us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Remember when Edmondson used to get pelters on here when he was just starting out, along with plenty of others who've gone on to do just fine in Leagues above us.

Yes, reminds of of Sutton now, who could eventually play just as high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philsalt said:

Did he play much after getting sent off on his debut? 

Played a fair amount last season - 27 games. Not so this, been on the bench once, but not featured at all.