Ex players and that

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Too old Peter Clarke picks up the league 2 player of the season awards at the Northwest football awards ceremony last night.

Thanks Mo

Bobby Grant 9 goals in 9 games for Radcliffe..was he really worse than Hope?

On 12/5/2021 at 5:40 AM, Monty Burns said:

l loved them few months of Jack Byrne so much. Still hurts now. What a player. Hope he is settled and happy and healthy.

Love you, Jack 😘

He was an outstanding player at our level but even I can’t get with his “left this club and that club and they don’t understand” rhetoric 

I had a Wigan mate telling me he was a tool when he signed - his career suggests he’s right 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We do like the more colourful characters at BP 

If a certain former ex-director was still on the board he’d be clamouring to get him involved, what with his passion for reforming criminals and giving them another chance. 

Unless that criminal has defrauded the trust or been caught in a sting by a dodgy journalist, of course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He was an outstanding player at our level but even I can’t get with his “left this club and that club and they don’t understand” rhetoric 

I had a Wigan mate telling me he was a tool when he signed - his career suggests he’s right 

Reminds me of reading Neil Redfearns autobiography.  Every club he went to, first season loved it and turned the team round. Second season manager played me out of position and messed me about so I had to leave.

I know they lost tonight at Wycombe, but Burton had Hamer, CBJ, Aaron Holloway and Jonny Smith starting for them tonight (and of course Dino as assistant manager) and they are currently 10th in League One.  While we have undoubtedly signed a lot of crap in the recent past, we also clearly haven't got the most out of quite a lot of the players we've signed.

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I know they lost tonight at Wycombe, but Burton had Hamer, CBJ, Aaron Holloway and Jonny Smith starting for them tonight (and of course Dino as assistant manager) and they are currently 10th in League One.  While we have undoubtedly signed a lot of crap in the recent past, we also clearly haven't got the most out of quite a lot of the players we've signed.

Hamer clearly benefitting from consistent coaching, instead of trying to progress under a new manager every 4-6months he endured in his time at Latics

• Like 1