Ex players and that

48 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Amadi Holloway scored a hat trick tonight😵

Scored one of my favourite ever latics goals v Bury on that Tuesday night.from the moment Beckford failed to score to win the game everything else was brilliant 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, astottie said:

Scored one of my favourite ever latics goals v Bury on that Tuesday night.from the moment Beckford failed to score to win the game everything else was brilliant 

Could really use someone like him right now. All right he wasn't the most prolific (that's probably being kind) but he did have a presence about him and held the ball up.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, astottie said:

Johnny dickfingers doesn’t get anywhere near enough credit for his pin point kick to Holloway for that goal 

An odd one this.

Ronnie Blair mentioned by name in today's parliamentary debate on Randox contracts.

Don't worry our erstwhile hero has done nothing wrong. His printing firm was mentioned by the Rochdale MP as an example of an enterprise which struggled to get an answer on contracts for the NHS during Covid.

Wonder if he is the only Latics player to be named in parliamentary debate?

3 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

An odd one this.

Ronnie Blair mentioned by name in today's parliamentary debate on Randox contracts.

Don't worry our erstwhile hero has done nothing wrong. His printing firm was mentioned by the Rochdale MP as an example of an enterprise which struggled to get an answer on contracts for the NHS during Covid.

Well every bill gets the Royle assent..... :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

An odd one this.

Think Montano, Hughes and Evans may have all been mentioned in parliament. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised to learn that George Hardwick and the player who refused to leave the pitch around the time we almost won the title had also been mentioned.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Think Montano, Hughes and Evans may have all been mentioned in parliament. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised to learn that George Hardwick and the player who refused to leave the pitch around the time we almost won the title had also been mentioned.

Pedantic but he never actually became our player despite the best efforts of the club