14 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It’s just the constant having a pop at fellow fans, acting as though we’re any worse than any other club. Of course it’s a shame but it’s par for the course

Away atmosphere is better than the home atmosphere. So what? Fans have little to celebrate year upon year, it’s hardly a surprise or a something to be derided when they express a pride in their loyalty

But not in the town they represent?

Constant having a pop? Fkn hell mate I get my fair share of shit on social media from fellow oldham fans just for having my own opinion. You need to defend something that may not be true all I hear is excuses why our home support us shite but 2 miles away on a weeknight everyone can arrange a pub meet and sing their bollocks off!

Edited by palmer1

49 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

But not in the town they represent?

Constant having a pop? Fkn hell mate I get my fair share of shit on social media from fellow oldham fans just for having my own opinion. You need to defend something that may not be true all I hear is excuses why our home support us shite but 2 miles away on a weeknight everyone can arrange a pub meet and sing their bollocks off!

Thing is, there are very few who could stand there and say they aren’t an exception to the rule of fans being quieter at home games than away games. Speaking generally across the nation not just Oldham fans. It’d be great to have the same atmosphere at home, but I don’t see how it will happen without a dramatic turnaround in form.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:58 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Focusing on this game...

Rochdale have a decent surface now thanks to Spurs.. I would like to think Richie may be able to get us back to our old self of fast attacking football.

The team needs some shaking up aswell.

I presume Hunt will go to LB and Hamer in at RB.

Placide
Hamer
Edmundson
Gerrard
Hunt

Gardner
Byrne
Fane
Pringle/Nepo

Holloway
Doyle.

4-4-2

Argument for Duckens somewhere but he's not exactly a team player rather focused on himself rather than the team and in a relegation fight we don't need that. 

"Rochdale have a decent surface now thanks to Spurs."  Sorry to inform you but that was a rumour that Spurs had anything to do with our pitch - they didn't contribute financially.  It just needed doing before we played them. We had it relaid at a similar time during last season, even though we weren't playing Spurs. 

2 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

"Rochdale have a decent surface now thanks to Spurs."  Sorry to inform you but that was a rumour that Spurs had anything to do with our pitch - they didn't contribute financially.  It just needed doing before we played them. We had it relaid at a similar time during last season, even though we weren't playing Spurs. 

Are u looking forward to the invasion ? 

We’re taking over your town again. Gonna be a tough game though tbh. 2-2 which suits us more than yourselves. 

37 minutes ago, Dalefan2 said:

Why do you even look on here. Move on 

17 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

If Fane scores a late winner I’m on the pitch

I'll give a £5 to playershare if he does and you do....heheh..made me chuckle that did

id love him to score, he's like a rabbit in the headlights anywhere near the oppos penalty box...it's like a oohphs how the hell did I get up here with the rest of the team behind me

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'll give a £5 to playershare if he does and you do....heheh..made me chuckle that did

id love him to score, he's like a rabbit in the headlights anywhere near the oppos penalty box...it's like a oohphs how the hell did I get up here with the rest of the team behind me

£25 From if he scores at right end.

Edited by pk200

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He doesn't really belong anywhere near a football pitch, yet he is probably our Player of the Season by some distance...

I had to read this post a number of times to determine whether you believe that Fane should not be playing professional football or whether you believe that he is a vital part of the team who deserves the accolade of Player of the Season. ?

Let me just read it again....Nope...still cannot work it out. ?

9 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Blaming fane for this seasons downfall? Have a word. Embarrassing. 

How is it embarrassing. Name a player who you have seen that is unable to pass the ball and his technique is beyond awful. When he runs with the ball and even attempts a shot it goes closer to the corner flag. Don’t get me wrong I will be supporting him tonight, but I think anyone could run around like he does. If you have played football yourself you would see that you have probably played with players with better passing ability than him. It’s not embarrassing it is fact that Fane is shite at football 

Just to add, at the Walsall game the guy sat infront of me cheered everytime fane played a simple pass or made a simple tackle. It wasn’t sarcastic, and I understand cheering our players, but I think that shows the level that fane is at. If he had more positional sense he wouldn’t have to do as much running, his footballing ability discussed above. 

11 hours ago, Dalefan2 said:

Not quite true... Spurs didnt take their away ticket money from the game at spotland. That helped.