Northampton

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Glad we are still experimenting and throwing random formations out there going into probably the biggest game in 20 odd years, goes some way to explaining the position we find ourselves in. 

When you say it like that and a post a few down from yours plays 3 or 4 players in different positions to the previous week, it really does go to show what a shambles we’ve been under Wellens. Beggars belief it’s the final day of the season

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why? Who by? 

Apparently by AL. I was obviously reluctant to post it as I try and stay well away from being the guy with a source on this board and let Paddy be that guy.

Maybe he could shed some light if he’s seen anyone in the gym?

I hope the source is wrong as AL interfering with the team isn’t what any of us want but it is a fairly reliable one.

8 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Apparently by AL. I was obviously reluctant to post it as I try and stay well away from being the guy with a source on this board and let Paddy be that guy.

I hope the source is wrong as AL interfering with the team isn’t what any of us want but it is a fairly reliable one.

Fair enough. Cheers.

35 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Just watched video of Northampton and Rochdale matches from weekend and both look better than us.

Just hope Charlton can do the business.

I've seen Dale 4 times this year and each time they have looked a far better team than us BUT they're still below us!!!!

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Fane was training briefly on Monday. Very briefly.

He was there in training kit, headed out onto the pitch with the rest of the squad before Paul Terry seemed to tell him he wasn’t allowed to train and he was walked back to the dressing room before heading to the gym. 

To be honest, he looked absolutely gutted and I felt really sorry for him. 

He isn’t the most talented, but for 

me his work ethic can’t be questioned. Excluded from training, but he still turned up ready to go! 

34 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Fane was training briefly on Monday. Very briefly.

He was there in training kit, headed out onto the pitch with the rest of the squad before Paul Terry seemed to tell him he wasn’t allowed to train and he was walked back to the dressing room before heading to the gym. 

To be honest, he looked absolutely gutted and I felt really sorry for him. 

He isn’t the most talented, but for 

me his work ethic can’t be questioned. Excluded from training, but he still turned up ready to go! 

Matches with what I was told mate.

5 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

If this is true (as always the most important part) then this could be the worst bit of news since AL took over.

Whether Fane is good enough or not is irrelevant, if AL has gone over Wellens' head this bodes terribly for next season and beyond.  I've held fire of any criticism of AL for this season as the summer onwards would be the time to start judging him, but if he's picking the team then I seriously worry about our future prospects whichever league we start next season in, and I'd give him no support.

If AL has pulled him out for purely footballing reasons then this is an absolute disgrace and it should be looked into. 

If it’s for breach of contract or other discipline issues then so be it but I don’t like the sound of this decision going over Wellens’s head. 

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If AL has pulled him out for purely footballing reasons then this is an absolute disgrace and it should be looked into. 

If it’s for breach of contract or other discipline issues then so be it but I don’t like the sound of this decision going over Wellens’s head. 

This is the thing for me.

At the minute we only have Fane’s side of the story and that seems to be that AL blamed him for the result on Tuesday night vs Southend.

As with anything though, there are always 2 sides to every story so would be interesting to know all the facts. We possibly never will.

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

At the minute we only have Fane’s side of the story and that seems to be that AL blamed him for the result on Tuesday night vs Southend.

As with anything though, there are always 2 sides to every story so would be interesting to know all the facts. We possibly never will.

Could this be the first case ever of a player being exiled by a chairman for being shit and winning fans player of the year?

I think we all know AL likes the idea of playing football manager, Shez didn't throw the toys out of the pram for no reason and at the time there was talk that AL was interfering in team affairs, Shez wouldn't have that and eventually the relationship became untenable, Wellens ended up with the job by default really because AL had to give him the job even though he would of much preferred to of brought his own man in.

For me there is very little difference between Shez and Wellens personality wise and Wellens is probably suffering the same interference that Shez was, to start with he probably accepted it as a rookie but he is probably sick to the back teeth of it, its part of the reason why we find ourselves staring relegation in the face and the quicker AL realises he can't undermine what a manager is trying to do the sooner our fortunes will change.

As always, conjecture can be dangerous. I’ll wait for the official update.

But therein lies another problem: communication. As fans we invest both financially and, more importantly, emotionally in the club. Wouldn’t it be nice if we were told why this has happened? I understand that the club might argue they do not want to distract from the weekend’s game but simply ignoring the event leads to the rumour and guesswork that in itself becomes damaging.

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Eh? What’s Fanes side of the story and who has he given it to? 

I’m sorry but I don’t believe this. He really hasn’t been that bad, something like this builds over time. Al would have had a word in Richie’s  ear before it getting to the point he’s pulled and basically embarrassed and hung drawn and quartered in front of his work mates, collugues, friends. Al hasn’t made millions without having a brain, he would know what that would do to moral. He obviously is trying to build a fan base with everything he is doing, with meeting the team, free tickets etc. Just seems to bizzare to be true.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I think we all know AL likes the idea of playing football manager, Shez didn't throw the toys out of the pram for no reason and at the time there was talk that AL was interfering in team affairs, Shez wouldn't have that and eventually the relationship became untenable, Wellens ended up with the job by default really because AL had to give him the job even though he would of much preferred to of brought his own man in.

For me there is very little difference between Shez and Wellens personality wise and Wellens is probably suffering the same interference that Shez was, to start with he probably accepted it as a rookie but he is probably sick to the back teeth of it, its part of the reason why we find ourselves staring relegation in the face and the quicker AL realises he can't undermine what a manager is trying to do the sooner our fortunes will change.

It's all speculation, Fane didn't have the best of games against Southend and didn't play in the next.

It's not unusual for managers to try something different, and hopefully it will all come right at Northampton.

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

As always, conjecture can be dangerous. I’ll wait for the official update.

But therein lies another problem: communication. As fans we invest both financially and, more importantly, emotionally in the club. Wouldn’t it be nice if we were told why this has happened? I understand that the club might argue they do not want to distract from the weekend’s game but simply ignoring the event leads to the rumour and guesswork that in itself becomes damaging.

Weren't we told Fane was injured, seems to me that's a communication.