Northampton

"Amazing events unfolded at Sixfields as cheering started to ripple through the away support.

The Oldham Athletic players, assuming Rochdale were losing, found fresh impetus from which they scored the crucial winning goal.

However, after the match it transpired that the cheering wasn't prompted by developments at Spotland at all but by a supporter known only as LaticsGary being ejected from the ground after climbing atop the advertising hoardings, arms outstretched proudly displaying his erect penis......"

• Like 3

'Scenes at Sixfields as Jonny Placide's outrageous blasted long ball hits Patrick McEleney square in the face, taking it over the straining David Cornel for his second 'claimed' goal of the season. Latics Gary unzips just as Cornell blasts the ball into the crowd in frustration and hits Gary square in the nuts giving a whole new definition to hitting the wood work' 

Edited by Chris Richard
Typo

16 hours ago, oafcmad09 said:

Articulate, well-written article. Thanks for sharing this oafcmad09.

The article highlights, for me, one major reason why we are going into the final game of the season still not safe - namely the falling away in Eoin Doyle’s goals to game ratio since his illness. One final game (possibly) for us as a player, unless he rediscovers that touch. 

This is your time Eoin - bag a couple and we’ve got a chance of season 22. ?

Edited by TheBigDog

Plymouth need to outscore Charlton by 3 goals for a 6 goal swing to put them into sixth place.  Both Rochdale and Plymouth have scored three goals on a number of occasions so it might be a gamble that will ensure Bowyer doesn't get the job next season.

It is simple we have to go for a win even if that makes it more likely that we will lose.

42 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Plymouth need to outscore Charlton by 3 goals for a 6 goal swing to put them into sixth place.  Both Rochdale and Plymouth have scored three goals on a number of occasions so it might be a gamble that will ensure Bowyer doesn't get the job next season.

It is simple we have to go for a win even if that makes it more likely that we will lose.

I'm fed up of reading posts about so called what is going on in the background, Charlton  playing a soft team,other forums wanting us down etc.

It is up to the team and manager tomorrow to understand what it means to our supporters who follow them year in year out both home and mainly away .We will support our team from the start and want them to show the same passion and pride to wear the shirt like we do.If we go out  so be it provided all the team and manager give it their all from the start.I will not accept though anything less.

1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

I'm fed up of reading posts about so called what is going on in the background, Charlton  playing a soft team,other forums wanting us down etc.

It is up to the team and manager tomorrow to understand what it means to our supporters who follow them year in year out both home and mainly away .We will support our team from the start and want them to show the same passion and pride to wear the shirt like we do.If we go out  so be it provided all the team and manager give it their all from the start.I will not accept though anything less.

I know what you mean, but the odds are massively titled on us needing to rely on Charlton, rather than doing it ourselves. We all know what is needed of course, the chances of that happening convincingly are slim. I doubt I'd back us if we were 3-0 up at half time!!!!!!!!

It’s simple really . Dale can win on Saturday and to be honest i think they will, however if we are going to stay up we need to win at Northampton. We have beat them 5-1 earlier this season so they are not unbeatable and our manager should be telling our team carry on where you left off in that last game, and score another 5. 

Edited by Smiler13

46 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Given that it seems evident that it hasn’t transmitted well to the players at all it’s important what team Charlton put out.

Anything less than a full strength team if a reasonable goal swing is possible would be lunacy

56 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Some people were also saying Dale were down - they are not, yet.

Bravo! Some people were saying Bury weren’t... they clearly were.  Not sure what any of this has to do with what I just said though. 

56 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Random aside but I've been told that the Sunderland fans have been hoping we stay up when they're been doing the, "where the hell do we play when/if we go down," game. They know a big club when they see one.

To be fair to sunderland fans, they probably spend more time in oldham than sunderland

23 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

"Amazing events unfolded at Sixfields as cheering started to ripple through the away support.

The Oldham Athletic players, assuming Rochdale were losing, found fresh impetus from which they scored the crucial winning goal.

However, after the match it transpired that the cheering wasn't prompted by developments at Spotland at all but by a supporter known only as LaticsGary being ejected from the ground after climbing atop the advertising hoardings, arms outstretched proudly displaying his erect penis......"

He’s got a lot to live ‘up’ to