Northampton

43 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

In other news nazon is up for player of the month for league 1. Can’t remember the other 3 nominees 

Will Grigg is one of them, so it's probably a foregone conclusion.  You know, Wigan Plastics and all that against likkle Oldham.

Edited by Bristolatic

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This doesn’t bode well for the future if we’ve got a mad man in charge trying to play football manager. Would be nice if the local press pulled their finger out and asked some decent questions 

The press don’t do serious questions these days.

38 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This doesn’t bode well for the future if we’ve got a mad man in charge trying to play football manager. Would be nice if the local press pulled their finger out and asked some decent questions 

Do we even have a noteworthy local press anymore? 

13 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

If all this Fane nonsense is true, then it looks as though AL is continuing the usual OAFC tradition of back room f**k up.

Just what is needed at this time!

Have we swapped one clown for another?

Hang on. Fane could have been pulled from training for anything, you can’t go around presuming he’s been pulled based on performances. 

He could have acted against a club policy it could be absolutely anything. Until we know let’s not presume AL is a fuck up and accept the decision taken for whatever reason.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Fair dos mate misunderstanding on my part so apologies :-) 

No meltdown here mate, just wouldn’t like to gain a reputation for talking shite on here like others have in the past that’s all. 

This message board would be shit without speculation and hearsay. Some of the best threads have developed from unsubstantiated claims. Some turn out to be bollocks, some end up being true. It surprises me that other Tics don't want to hear what others have been told... This is my 'source'.

Edited by longtimeblue

4 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Jesus eh?

Well, if they do stay up at our expense I say we lynch the cunt and make use of that cross at the top of Besom Hill.

I was thinking of tear gassing him and beating him with rubber hose in a radical display of solidarity with Catalonia 

2 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

They raised £500 for return flights from Spain to Manchester? He’s mugged them right off there ?

Bit harsh. I think part of the money was so he could get a little house in Rochdale.

Edit - a mate of mine in Milnrow has found out he got a small semi. Latics Gary reported to be very jealous.

Edited by Magic Mikey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

Hang on. Fane could have been pulled from training for anything, you can’t go around presuming he’s been pulled based on performances. 

He could have acted against a club policy it could be absolutely anything. Until we know let’s not presume AL is a fuck up and accept the decision taken for whatever reason.  

I said, "all this nonsense," not just the training bit.  I also did say, "if true."

Whatever it is or not we don't need it at this time.

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Gardner should be fit and I will be amazed if Fane ever plays for us again.

I wouldn't be all that shocked to see Bryan playing either...

I walked past Little Wembley a couple of times with the dog yesterday morning and as much as I didn't 'notice' that Fane was either there or not. . I did notice Dummigan having some sort of fitness test away from the rest of them .. shuttle runs and ball striking amongst it!

Edited by thetramfixer

On 4/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, rudemedic said:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/sixfields-stadium-northampton-town.html?expand=all

Wasnt impressed with the bowling alley when I went last time, the sort of place where they wouldn’t be able to cope with a load of football fans all wanting to be served at once.

FWIW Northampton Rugby are at home, so certain places may be busier than normal, will also affect parking.

You can do a lot worse than the Malt Shovel on Bridge Street and the Albion Bar Kingswell Street is brilliant and home of the reformed Phipps brewery- tons of good beers in both