SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

I know we're getting side-tracked but which MP, and what did he do? 

Ha, I missed out an 'allegedly' back there 😉

He allegedly stuck the boot in on Angela Rayner, and was behind the complaints to Sir Keir about her choice of clothes on Hartlepool visits etc. 

Allegedly. Ha.

I should probably avoid the politics. I'll only get even more wound up than I do about the ****ing owners of OAFC.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

He allegedly stuck the boot in on Angela Rayner, and was behind the complaints to Sir Keir about her choice of clothes on Hartlepool visits etc. 

I've found the story here - for anyone interested!!

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

We have followed but professionally not reacted to the grossly inaccurate comments and deliberately harmful posts on social media over the last few months by a small number of individuals joining together and intimidating several members of staff, and at the same time harming the Club in the process. As a Board we feel obliged to protect our staff at all levels from these attacks especially when they are based on fabrication, so we are now taking appropriate steps with legal representatives to address this. 

Incidentally, did Paul Hughes (the OASF / Trust rep) agree to this statement as it's signed off by "the board of directors" on the website? 

Can anyone clarify the parts in bold? 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/june/11062021-board-update/

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Incidentally, did Paul Hughes (the OASF / Trust rep) agree to this statement as it's signed off by "the board of directors" on the website? 

Silence is deafening- new name same old trust 

19 hours ago, Pidge said:

Negative as usual !

There are plenty of aspects that the MP should be interested in, mainly that this is a community club. That it may not survive because of mismanagement.  No effort has been made to look after fans, the most comfortable stand not used because the absent owner has simply fallen out with the partners in the running of the stand. Hence number of fans and sponsors diminishing to the point it may not survive.  MPs should be interested in helping to  strengthen the voice of the fans (his/her voters) in safeguarding   football clubs from hostile businessmen.

lots of reasons!

“ hostile businessmen “. Do you mean our owners who have injected their own money to enable our club to survive?  
“ the owner has fallen out with partners “   What on earth has that got to do with an MP?
”it is a community club” .No it isn’t. It is  a privately owned business

etc

As I said recruitment, product, communication , results , decision making have all been poor but are hardly the stuff of an urgent question to the Secretary of State with responsibility for Culture Media and Sport 

1 hour ago, Wednesday said:

“ hostile businessmen “. Do you mean our owners who have injected their own money to enable our club to survive?  
“ the owner has fallen out with partners “   What on earth has that got to do with an MP?
”it is a community club” .No it isn’t. It is  a privately owned business

etc

As I said recruitment, product, communication , results , decision making have all been poor but are hardly the stuff of an urgent question to the Secretary of State with responsibility for Culture Media and Sport 

I'll take a ban if I get one but shut the fuck up you tedious cunt

5 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Paul has been away most of the week and returns next week. I have asked where we aware of the statement, its content and timing, I have not hear. I will presume he is incommunicado.

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

Paul has been away most of the week and returns next week. I have asked where we aware of the statement, its content and timing, I have not hear. I will presume he is incommunicado.

Brilliant

19 minutes ago, underdog said:

I'm guessing he wasn't aware so he's been paid no respect at all if so. 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Silence is deafening- new name same old trust 

I have been at work all day, and I have commented on another post that Paul Hughes has been away all week and is away most of next week too.

I have asked the question  - sorry that I can't be logged on here 24/7 - its a called being short staffed and running at less than 50% capacity since last year - did I mention 2 volunteers having 2 heart attacks pre-xmas time to.? I know fancy, open heart surgery messing around with volunteering and the recovery time when you get an infection can be a bitch too

If you want 24.hr news then it means paying for that service. We have not got the funds to do this nor to man all latics related stuff 24/7

I am currently back at comms, as well as membership, ACV renewal with OMBC,  lottery, playershare, grant/funds research, ACV pre-trigger planning, AGM planning, FOI appeal against OMBC, SAG advocate with OMBC and New website...oh yes and a husband threatening divorce....so yes I am feeling a bit un-chuffing appreciated....a tad....and I have had a few sherberts from work tonight, yet still logging on here gone 9pm.

So yes you cast your line and I bite

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

you couldnt make it up 

29 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

you couldnt make it up 

👎

Don't feel that is a fair comment. Why should someone not be able to go away, and not have the phone on all the time? He literally could have been run over by a bus.

34 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

you couldnt make it 

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm guessing he wasn't aware so he's been paid no respect at all if so. 

you are probably correct but in my experience the onus  is on the in absentia member to facilitate that they are in the loop rather than the company put everything on hold until said person is available ? 

3 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

you are probably correct but in my experience the onus  is on the in absentia member to facilitate that they are in the loop rather than the company put everything on hold until said person is available ? 

Just a ridiculous point for a change. For all we know he may have had no idea they were even meeting. 

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Just a ridiculous point for a change. For all we know he may have had no idea they were even meeting. 

In the update it states they welcomed the new board so i'm presuming he was either there in person or he was there virtually, but either way he was present

My old man had this break booked 18 months ago,couldn’t do it due to Covid,he wasn’t even the trust rep when he booked it.Now hes off on his holidays at the earliest opportunity it’s a coincidence the timing of it.FFS get a grip people,he’s a volunteer,we’re generational Latics fans,I’m sure he’ll deal with it when he gets home.😩

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I have been at work all day, and I have commented on another post that Paul Hughes has been away all week and is away most of next week too.

I have asked the question  - sorry that I can't be logged on here 24/7 - its a called being short staffed and running at less than 50% capacity since last year - did I mention 2 volunteers having 2 heart attacks pre-xmas time to.? I know fancy, open heart surgery messing around with volunteering and the recovery time when you get an infection can be a bitch too

If you want 24.hr news then it means paying for that service. We have not got the funds to do this nor to man all latics related stuff 24/7

I am currently back at comms, as well as membership, ACV renewal with OMBC,  lottery, playershare, grant/funds research, ACV pre-trigger planning, AGM planning, FOI appeal against OMBC, SAG advocate with OMBC and New website...oh yes and a husband threatening divorce....so yes I am feeling a bit un-chuffing appreciated....a tad....and I have had a few sherberts from work tonight, yet still logging on here gone 9pm.

So yes you cast your line and I bite

Has Karl Evans hacked your account?

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Has Karl Evans hacked your account?

That's a cheap jibe. I feel I should defend Tracy here. I think it's easy to forget it's real people involved. Especially as Tracy gives up huge swathes of her free time. How can you ignore all what she has written when it's clearly taking a personal toll? If Tracy walked the safety net  if Lemmies go is wafer thin. 

Including the PTB chaps, it's barely a dozen people doing the hard yards out of 5,000 fans and I definitely don't include myself in that dozen. The fact no-one is doing 24/7 on call response is down to us as fans collectively. 

I normally agree with 99.9% of what you say but not these 2 posts. 

6 minutes ago, OASF1895 Lottery said:

That's a cheap jibe. I feel I should defend Tracy here. I think it's easy to forget it's real people involved. Especially as Tracy gives up huge swathes of her free time. How can you ignore all what she has written when it's clearly taking a personal toll? If Tracy walked the safety net  if Lemmies go is wafer thin. 

Including the PTB chaps, it's barely a dozen people doing the hard yards out of 5,000 fans and I definitely don't include myself in that dozen. The fact no-one is doing 24/7 on call response is down to us as fans collectively. 

I normally agree with 99.9% of what you say but not these 2 posts. 

It’s a fair point and I’ll apologise to Tracy for any offence taken 

it was a rash and perhaps unfair hit at the trust - but speaking from experience responding in haste, anger and after “the sauce” is usually ill advised 

Apologies 

* edit I didn’t actually pick up the personal elements which I wouldn’t wish on anyone so I certainly apologise separately for that 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s a fair point and I’ll apologise to Tracy for any offence taken 

it was a rash and perhaps unfair hit at the trust - but speaking from experience responding in haste, anger and after “the sauce” is usually ill advised 

Apologies 

Doffs cap. 

I acknowledge how it's got to this though. 

And your frustration too,.im not trying to diminish that. 

I should have done the post from my singe account too. 

19 hours ago, LaticMark said:

14 hours ago, underdog said:

I'm quite happy to wait for an answer from Paul, but we do need an answer in due course.

Archived