SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

The perimeter ad boards can't be seen in sunlight and precious few ads. on them after losing sponsors.

How long have Newcastle fans been trying to get rid of Ashley?

Sheffield Wednesday are players on the verge of quitting due to no pay for 2 months, owner lambasted by fans.

Sounds familiar?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can anyone give ideas to what's next when the inevitable happens today and the club completely ignore the deadline and choose to announce a new partnership with "Deirdre's Launderette" in Sholver instead?

What dead line?

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

How much noise would you want before a deadline?

A massive bolt of lightning, lots of resounding thunderclaps and a booming voice from the heavens "well Abdul, what have you got to say for yourself then, eh ? ".

27 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

On a scale of 1-10 about a 7. No need to be like that, only want us to keep moving forward 👍🏼

Be like what?  It's just a question.  You do seem rather inclined to assume that any response to a post is having a go.  Seems logical to me that having made this step PTB would wait for a response (or, more likely, a lack of one) before shouting from the rooftops about next steps.

27 minutes ago, redlion said:

A massive bolt of lightning, lots of resounding thunderclaps and a booming voice from the heavens "well Abdul, what have you got to say for yourself then, eh ? ".

That's tomorrow... :)

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Be like what?  It's just a question.  You do seem rather inclined to assume that any response to a post is having a go.  Seems logical to me that having made this step PTB would wait for a response (or, more likely, a lack of one) before shouting from the rooftops about next steps.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be next steps. Just some correspondence that we are awaiting a response. A post saying 3 days until the deadline until further action will be taken. 
It just keeps the fans updated, and more importantly tells the owners we are waiting, we are serious and we want action.

I don’t think any response is having a go at all. 

42 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Doesn’t necessarily have to be next steps. Just some correspondence that we are awaiting a response. A post saying 3 days until the deadline until further action will be taken. 
It just keeps the fans updated, and more importantly tells the owners we are waiting, we are serious and we want action.

I don’t think any response is having a go at all. 

don't think there'd be anything achieved by that.    Each to their own

2967 signatures.....population of Oldham is c 240000. Given  that over 500 of the signatures are from out of town less than 1% of people of the town have signed .  Either the premise thar   Football clubs are  the heart of the Community is bollocks or there is no great swell of anti owner feeling in the town? Or alternatively the PTB etc are in their own self confirmatory bubble

4 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

2967 signatures.....population of Oldham is c 240000. Given  that over 500 of the signatures are from out of town less than 1% of people of the town have signed .  Either the premise thar   Football clubs are  the heart of the Community is bollocks or there is no great swell of anti owner feeling in the town? Or alternatively the PTB etc are in their own self confirmatory bubble

. . . and 2967 is an average home crowd at BP!

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You don’t have to live in Oldham to be a fan of the club but of course you know this

Which is why I estimated in excess of 20% of the signatures were not from Oldham 

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You don’t have to live in Oldham to be a fan of the club but of course you know this

Much though it pains me to admit it our multiple-personalitied chum has a point.  It's not a huge number.

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Much though it pains me to admit it our multiple-personalitied chum has a point.  It's not a huge number.

I agree, but to ignore it because it’s “not reflective of the town” but be a mistake and very alienating (if they could be any more) as I’m not even amongst the farthest away from Oldham as some of our exiles but a 54 mile round trip still takes effort and so my opinion/signature should count as important to the Chuckles 

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's not, but it may be more than the attendance for our first home game of the season (depending on the opposition).

55 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

I'm surprised you've waited this long to go on a bubble bursting campaign. Is there any positivity in your life, or are you just determined to oppose anything and everything that you possibly can?

Bugger, why did I get drawn in? I should have know better.

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He’s completely missed the point. 

It’s impossible to use his made up percentage’s without canvassing the 240 thousand who live in the borough. An easy example Is the sizeable proportion of the town who are Asian and have shown little or no interest in the club. Are they included- no. I could go on and on about other demographics in the town with no interest in the club. 

So- unless he can stop making things up. And come back with more realistic figure of what 3000 is percentage of in terms of actual interest in the club then as usual it’s complete nonsense. 

Archived