Non payment of transfer fees

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not at all but I'm not expecting an owner to keep plugging gaps to appease a fanbase who have turned their back on the club.

These people don't seem the type to want to appease the fans whether they turn up or otherwise. They've never suggested that the fans' point of view or money is important at any point. If people aren't paying through the gate, it's because at no point have they made the fans feel valued. If fans not attending is the difference between being in an embargo and not, then it's their fault for being so arrogant that they think the fans are unimportant. 

These people (not the fans) have destroyed the club and are responsible for it's current plight. It is therefore their responsibility to plug the gaps regardless of what the fans have done. They're too far down the line to suggest that it's the fans who are responsible here..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not at all but I'm not expecting an owner to keep plugging gaps to appease a fanbase who have turned their back on the club.

I am expecting an owner to keep plugging gaps to ensure the club "remains in a financially healthy and solvent position", despite their actions which have alienated the fan base and directly resulted in a huge drop in attendances and other sales. 

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

These people don't seem the type to want to appease the fans whether they turn up or otherwise. They've never suggested that the fans' point of view or money is important at any point. If people aren't paying through the gate, it's because at no point have they made the fans feel valued. If fans not attending is the difference between being in an embargo and not, then it's their fault for being so arrogant that they think the fans are unimportant. 

These people (not the fans) have destroyed the club and are responsible for it's current plight. It is therefore their responsibility to plug the gaps regardless of what the fans have done. They're too far down the line to suggest that it's the fans who are responsible here..

Very true although the club's decline dates back way before the Lemsagam era (they have certainly accelerated the process) .

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

AL owns the club and should pay the debts. 

If he was depending on FA Cup, or TV money from it, then I doubt any will be forthcoming this season. 

Lack of context is a problem, if it is the case that we can't afford to pay Fylde 20 grand for example because it is needed to pay staff wages would there be the same reaction?

8 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I'm trying to work out if some of the posts on this thread are trolling for giggles or genuinely apportioning some of the blame for this latest embargo on the fans.

The club is a shit show. But, was the point of the boycott not to starve them of cash so they couldn't pay the bills and felt they had to sell and walk away?

If that's the point of the boycott, then it's working and people shouldn't be complaining bills aren't paid? I assumed thats what people were hoping for?

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think about it like Latics is your favourite restaurant.  The restaurant owner is responsible for the rent rates staff costs and other bills. If he can’t pay the bills It is not the fault of the dinners not turning up to eat poor food and sit in a poor dinning room with no waiters looking after you.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Lack of context is a problem, if it is the case that we can't afford to pay Fylde 20 grand for example because it is needed to pay staff wages would there be the same reaction?

I'd love to know if you're serious. 

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Apparently this is due to monies owed for the transfer of Fage...!

Now that does defy belief. How long has he been here? 3 years? And we still haven't paid it all. If true, how much did we throw at that one?

The club that keeps on giving. Nightmares, that is.

19 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The club is a shit show. But, was the point of the boycott not to starve them of cash so they couldn't pay the bills and felt they had to sell and walk away?

If that's the point of the boycott, then it's working and people shouldn't be complaining bills aren't paid? I assumed thats what people were hoping for?

People are boycotting because they want him to sell the club and don't want him to waste anymore of their money not necessarily to cause the club damage.

Either way if fans do or don't show up the club still has to meet its obligations the regime only have themselves to blame for the fact people have walked away.

Archived