MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 23/10/21

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible terrible game of football. Should be a 1-0 win with a disgusting linesman's decision costing us, who will be back on the line at another game next week no doubt, absolutely no accountability for poor decisions. 
How Hope gets a game is beyond me, absolutely terrible player.

Bahamboula was a disgrace today at times, walking around not interested at all. I know he’s a crowd favourite, but there is no excuse for that performance from him.

Defensively looking unspectacular but solid. We won’t go down, simply because there are worse sides than us, but no mistaking that this is the worst group of players in my 33 years alive.

He was played out of position today, but Hope is one of the worst football players ever to wear the shirt.  Plays with his head down, terrible decision maker (the 3 v 3 he destroyed single handedly was cringe worthy), can't pass, can't beat a man, and a worse strike rate than Urko Vera.

And it's not lack of service.  The number of times he has been played in this season, and he hasn't got to a single ball.  Just no pace or anticipation.

I'd rather see Fage start up front than Hope. Or Danielewicz.  Or Curle.  Anyone.

9 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

well, so far not many are worse than us and the league table never lies

So 3 worse than us in in that respect then?
Offer me 21st now, and i’ll take it. Will I be happy with it? Heck no, but i’d snap your hand off right now. 

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That offside decision could be the difference between us staying up and going down. 

Disgraceful. I'll look forward to that evening itself up over the season...

Vaughan looked to be just offside when Dunn hit it but was not interfering with play. He wasn’t the guy who scored from the rebound either so the goal probably shouldn’t have been ruled out

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Help me out here … we didn’t concede a goal today and restricted Carlisle to 1 shot on target. That back line (since McGahey was allowed to play) has kept 5 clean sheets in the last 7 league games.

I’d suggest that that’s not the problem… the problem lies at the other end of the pitch no?

The problem is midfield and attack, midfield are so slow when we could break and the attack, well we all know if Bahamboula has a bad day, which he has just shown, then we have nothing, DKD can be a threat but 90% of his play is soft and careless, just like the rest of the midfield and attack, if we can call them attackers.

Very poor, that carlisle team would have been batteted by last seasons team sadly.

57 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Vaughan looked to be just offside when Dunn hit it but was not interfering with play. He wasn’t the guy who scored from the rebound either so the goal probably shouldn’t have been ruled out

No probably about it, every week we see those being given in the EPL, if he doesn't touch the ball there's no way he can be flagged. The liner just took a wild guess because Bowden followed it in. Shocking decision.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Help me out here … we didn’t concede a goal today and restricted Carlisle to 1 shot on target. That back line (since McGahey was allowed to play) has kept 5 clean sheets in the last 7 league games.

I’d suggest that that’s not the problem… the problem lies at the other end of the pitch no?

It would also suggest 3 at the back is working.....

Well working isn't the right word but perhaps it's not the problem that we think it is....

36 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Yes, 3-5-2 with Hope playing for Carlisle on our right.

😄 thanks.

Curle really is going to stick with 3 at the back and wing backs, even when he has to go out of his way to do it, isn't he?

I can't say that Hope has been good up front, but in the team short on strikers and following on from him finally breaking his duck for the season, why is he being used as a wing-back?

Good to hear that Da Silva was a nuisance when he came on.  With our severe lack of forward options it looks like we are going to need to get creative in order to find a goalscoring formula.  As it stands I'm more than happy to have us give youngsters a chance to prove themselves.

We’ve failed to score in 7 of our 14 league games. We are almost a third the way through the season and have just 12 points. We are on course for about 40 which I fear will not be enough.

We created a couple of chances today and could have won the game but our reduced attacking threat has been further sacrificed for the pursuit of clean sheets.

Hope as a replacement for Conor Mac…..Do me a favour!!!!!

This is without doubt the most inept and impotent Latics squad I have ever seen…absolutely abysmal!!

If we don’t address the embargo situation which would allow a signing or two in the January window our hopes of survival in this division will almost certainly go down to the wire.

Archived