MATCH: vs Carlisle United (A) 23/10/21

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Help me out here … we didn’t concede a goal today and restricted Carlisle to 1 shot on target. That back line (since McGahey was allowed to play) has kept 5 clean sheets in the last 7 league games.

I’d suggest that that’s not the problem… the problem lies at the other end of the pitch no?

absolutley. Mcgahey looks a good signing for us. Question is whether curle’s tactics are restricting us because he’s more bothered about clean sheets than scoring. For me we are weaker up front than at back so his tactics are too defensive to be getting best out of the squad and he should be pushing wing backs on more sonar score more goals

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Help me out here … we didn’t concede a goal today and restricted Carlisle to 1 shot on target. That back line (since McGahey was allowed to play) has kept 5 clean sheets in the last 7 league games.

I’d suggest that that’s not the problem… the problem lies at the other end of the pitch no?

Whatever you say Pep 

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

2 of my family had glaucoma…you shouldn’t joke about such things…I find it offensive!

Agreed it's not a nice thing to joke about but it was just a throw away line without much intent.

Back to the point, whilst Vaughn was offside Bowden was a clear yard onside and it was a very poor decision. The linesman at Exeter yesterday made a similar mistake which didn't lead to a goal but the defender was "stepping up" so he had a bit of an excuse, which the one at Carlisle clearly hadn't. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Agreed it's not a nice thing to joke about but it was just a throw away line without much intent.

Maybe so but an apology would have been the polite thing to do but instead we got this.

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You can find whatever you want offensive. That really isn't my problem

Seriously even for you that's a pretty cuntish response.

18 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

By the way, credit to Da Silva when he came on.  He hassled their tiring defenders into a couple of mistakes we should've taken advantage of.

A young lad I know but he added zero when he came on, far to lightweight and not pacy. How our manager thought he was a better option than dearnley I have no idea.

23 hours ago, daniel said:

Terrible terrible game of football. Should be a 1-0 win with a disgusting linesman's decision costing us, who will be back on the line at another game next week no doubt, absolutely no accountability for poor decisions. 
How Hope gets a game is beyond me, absolutely terrible player.

Bahamboula was a disgrace today at times, walking around not interested at all. I know he’s a crowd favourite, but there is no excuse for that performance from him.

Defensively looking unspectacular but solid. We won’t go down, simply because there are worse sides than us, but no mistaking that this is the worst group of players in my 33 years alive.

I don't know if you were their or watching a stream, but I've just watched the game and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very decent game of end to end football and both teams should be higher up the league on their performances yesterday. Our problems are obvious to anyone. Two midfield players playing as strikers because we have none. Contrary to what I've read on here so far, DKD had a very good game, Hope started out ok, but reverted to his usual hopelessness. Vaughn disappeared after a bright start, and too often Whelan and Bowden could have run with the ball, but stopped and passed backwards. Bahamboula was dreadful, and I think the adulation of the fans has gone to his head. The three defenders had decent games, especially Pidge. The loan has to be paid off so that two strikers can be brought in. By getting rid of anyone would hinder cover, even Jameson and Diarra, but it won't be.

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

I don't know if you were their or watching a stream, but I've just watched the game and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very decent game of end to end football and both teams should be higher up the league on their performances yesterday. Our problems are obvious to anyone. Two midfield players playing as strikers because we have none. Contrary to what I've read on here so far, DKD had a very good game, Hope started out ok, but reverted to his usual hopelessness. Vaughn disappeared after a bright start, and too often Whelan and Bowden could have run with the ball, but stopped and passed backwards. Bahamboula was dreadful, and I think the adulation of the fans has gone to his head. The three defenders had decent games, especially Pidge. The loan has to be paid off so that two strikers can be brought in. By getting rid of anyone would hinder cover, even Jameson and Diarra, but it won't be.

The problem with Bahamboula is he wants to weave the magic every time he gets the ball and unfortunately it’s never happening. Teams are wary of him now and he’s getting double marked. He’s a great talent and capable of creating a goal out of nothing but he needs to mix it up…I’d just tell him to concentrate on doing the simple things first and foremost, pass and move, get some confidence back and then hopefully everything should look after itself!

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

Yes, watched the full match replay and I've seen worse from Oldham in the past. I've given Bowden some stick, but he did get much more  involved this time.

The right side is still  unbalanced and Hope made little impact. 

Bahamboula has been sussed now and all it needs is a hard tackle and he loses interest.

The lack of strikers is letting us down badly, but we have to carry on until January and hope the embargo is lifted.

Saturdays 0-0 at Carlisle is going to look a decent result after the next 4-5 games 

Home v Swindon Town 6th

Away v Ipswich Town (FA Cup)

Away v Tranmere Rovers (Papa John)

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

Away v Northampton Town 3rd

Can't see a single point for us from these games 

For me. we will be adrift at the foot of the League at the end of November 

16 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Saturdays 0-0 at Carlisle is going to look a decent result after the next 4-5 games 

Home v Swindon Town 6th

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

And Ben Garrity will probably have scored against us 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Home v Swindon Town 6th

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

Let’s review this just prior to the Salford Away game 👍

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Home v Swindon Town 6th

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

on paper it’s looks tough but the you remember there is no quality in the league and these teams have major flaws as well and can be beaten. If we defend like we have recently we will be in most games although who will score for us to win I don’t know 

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Home v Swindon Town 6th

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

On the upside three of those four have had diabolical owners very recently and have turned it round. 

Archived