Curle Gone

6 hours ago, mastap said:

It's about time Curle went. In recent times only Laurent bandie had a worse record. I'd imagine it's taken this long as they've realised no-one wants to come and replace him with the current setup!

Honestly I'd be happy with Pete Wilde back at the helm, he understood us and did wonders with limited resources, but with Mo running the show I don't think there is any kind of salary that would tempt him!

Pete Wild turned the job down and applied for the job at Bury instead! 
Told me he thought it would get much worse under current ownership… this was about 2-years ago… how right he was! 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Pete Wild turned the job down and applied for the job at Bury instead! 
Told me he thought it would get much worse under current ownership… this was about 2-years ago… how right he was! 

That followed another lie from the Lemmies IIRC. Didn't they say he left because he wanted a break from football? Nothing could have been further from the truth.

It is a results based business and the truth is the results were not good enough how ever he was working under a transfer embargo, the mismanagement of our football is from the top down and I'd encourage him to speak openly about his time here now he's not contractually obliged not too on a personal note I can only thank  Keith Curle for the respect and kindness he shown my late father in law earlier this year and wish him the best in his future. 

3 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

It is a results based business and the truth is the results were not good enough how ever he was working under a transfer embargo, the mismanagement of our football is from the top down and I'd encourage him to speak openly about his time here now he's not contractually obliged not too on a personal note I can only thank  Keith Curle for the respect and kindness he shown my late father in law earlier this year and wish him the best in his future. 

probs signed an NDA like pretty much everybody who has left early since Craig Davies

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Quite. 

Because most don’t care enough anymore. 

Kind of true, I think that even though it's the correct decision for Curle to leave there's certainly no guarantee that a change of manager will make a difference with the current regime.  The position has been devalued so much by the club.

47 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

The job is pretty much untenable until there is massive changes in how the club is run.. Mo may as aswell appoint himself and have done with it 

100% 

They’ve killed it to such an extent, that no really cares about the football anymore- there is a collective ‘what’s the point’. 

That’s why ALMO leaving supersedes what division we’re in for me. 

Club back first. 

Then tackle the football side. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

It's very simple.  If you want a pay off you sign one - and who doesn't want a pay off?

The funny thing is that, by this point, everyone knows how shit the club is.  So the pay off is basically for not telling the public things that they already know.  Quite a nice payday to be fair.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The funny thing is that, by this point, everyone knows how shit the club is.  So the pay off is basically for not telling the public things that they already know.  Quite a nice payday to be fair.

I'd take it.  My last two jobs, 13 years apart both ended in difficult though very different circumstances.  Sign the agreement, take the money, move on, put it firmly in the past

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

100% 

They’ve killed it to such an extent, that no really cares about the football anymore- there is a collective ‘what’s the point’. 

That’s why ALMO leaving supersedes what division we’re in for me. 

Club back first. 

Then tackle the football side. 

Despite the absolute horror show that our club has become, I still care about the football.

And there are plenty more who do as well - you’ve only got to see how many urge the team to adopt a 4-4-2 formation. Then there’s the numbers who criticise the team, the tactics, the team manager, the individuals.

You cannot ‘support the team not the regime’ and not care about the football surely?

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Despite the absolute horror show that our club has become, I still care about the football.

And there are plenty more who do as well - you’ve only got to see how many urge the team to adopt a 4-4-2 formation. Then there’s the numbers who criticise the team, the tactics, the team manager, the individuals.

You cannot ‘support the team not the regime’ and not care about the football surely?

Agreed. 

There will always be a number who will follow the football team-  No matter what. 

There will always be a number who can’t stand the owners, but still want their fix. 

However both these (hard core if you like) groups are dwindling IMO. 
Then we get to the very sizeable chunk who already drifted away and absolutely won’t go until something happens with the owners, or perhaps have lost interest in football altogether. 

The truth is, that home games struggle to attract 3000 fans. Decisions at the club are met not with outrage and intrigue anymore but with apathy and humour. Match day threads attract nowhere near the level posts they once did. 

I think most owners will get away with almost anything if results are good, but their running of it has sucked the football side so much that they have made it almost an irrelevance. For instance- How many professional clubs have one striker (biscuit legs) at their club??? The football will never improve under these owners, their track record demonstrates that, and the sooner we get the club back to have some hope on the pitch again- the better. 

Archived