Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A couple of very good football twitter accounts (@AgainstLeague3 and @uglygame) have been tracking this sort of stuff, so will be interested to see their take on this. 

I have copied in Kieran Maguire on the article

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Their plan seems to matches OASF current strategy.

Which is more meat on the bones to what we had a few hours ago

I stopped reading at put 10% of club assets into bitcoin 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

The guy is going to be on Radio Manchester tomorrow. According to the Oldham Times they haven't had contact with the Lemsagams if that is the case why have they gone to the media in the first instance.

Thought this was too good to be true. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

The guy is going to be on Radio Manchester tomorrow. According to the Oldham Times they haven't had contact with the Lemsagams if that is the case why have they gone to the media in the first instance.

Especially as a couple of other groups have already been in discussions with the club!

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't understand so I wouldn't touch it. They seem like a scam to me.

Well fungible means readily exchangeable so an NFT can only be something meaningless that can't be exchanged for anything. Great. 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

because the Lemmies have ignored their approaches to talk? 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Well fungible means readily exchangeable so an NFT can only be something meaningless that can't be exchanged for anything. Great. 

I suppose some people are getting rich on other people's naivety, it used to be pyramid schemes. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It all sounds too bad so far to go for. It's like someone buying something with worn socks, all you can swap them for is worn socks. It's not got a cash value and what football club will sell a player for something they can't backpocket.

NFT's are litterally monopoly money

Bitcoin is dodgy enough. But we need someone cash rich

18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

What are NFT's? I know it means non fungible tokens but what does that actually mean. 

I don’t understand it. Something where they try to get a load of people to spend £250 on a pixel of digital art so they can raise a billion quid to take a league 2 club to the European super league. Or something. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

I don’t understand it. Something where they try to get a load of people to spend £250 on a pixel of digital art so they can raise a billion quid to take a league 2 club to the European super league. Or something. 

Surely it can never work, there isn't enough fools in the world who will fall for this. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Apiece of digital art does have a value, if a bunch of dicks decide ro do it the result does actually have a value. Remember years ago a kid did it and raised a shedload, which ultimately had a cash value. That was fungible.

I he had swapped it for tiddlywinks counters they have no value

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

"The new owners will underwrite the investment up to $85 million (Usd)"

yeah course they will mate... Jog on...

if it sounds too good to be true...it's probably bitcoin

Surely the EFL wouldn't allow bitcoin as it is volatile and of its money laundering and illicit purposes uses.

Then again?

22 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They seem to be a little bit pyramid scheme to me or as Charlie munger calls it Rat poison. Think its something that will end in tears somewhere down the line.

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I stopped reading at put 10% of club assets into bitcoin 

Hoping OASF will keep the door open for other opportunities too.

It might be a start for others to come forward too

9 hours ago, Mercater said:

It all sounds too bad so far to go for. It's like someone buying something with worn socks, all you can swap them for is worn socks. It's not got a cash value and what football club will sell a player for something they can't backpocket.

NFT's are litterally monopoly money

Bitcoin is dodgy enough. But we need someone cash rich

How is it ‘dodgy’ ?

Archived