Abdallah looking to sell!

Excellent news! Hopefully the sale moves through both quickly and smoothly.

Given the high inflationary pressures on all fiat currencies, having non-cash holdings is a smart move.

Luddites gonna Luddite. I’m personally very excited. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned this before as a way of purchasing the land from Blitz.  It showed the problem with crypto and tokens is that the normal person has not yet looked into it and the responses are those above. “It’s a scam”. “ It’s a pyramid system”

Actually it’s not.  NFTs are a digital way of proving you own something.  In this case it could be proof that you own your “share” of real estate.  

A consortium of millionaires with exciting long-term plans and most people can’t wait to shit all over it. Not to mention the fact that it’s headed by a long-term fan, but it must be dodgy eh…

No wonder we’re in terminal decline. This fanbase gets everything it deserves.

If a millionaire wants to underwrite  the purchase with money partly made by playing the crypto currency market, is that a problem?

I understand fans who are sceptical of whether this consortium has the funds and is not just a hoax.  If the present owner is refusing to talk to potential buyers, that is more of a worry. Does that suggest his statement that he is willing to sell is not true?

10 hours ago, disjointed said:

What are NFT's? I know it means non fungible tokens but what does that actually mean. 

An Non Fungable Token is a digital way of proving you own something.  You get a unique digital code which proves this.  You then hold that code in your digital wallet. You can download it to a special USB storage device locked by a massive long password. It is yours. The value of whatever you own is (the same as anything else) determined by the market for that commodity.  It can be a digital art item, or anything else. In this case a share of the oldham real estate. 

17 minutes ago, Pidge said:

If a millionaire wants to underwrite  the purchase with money partly made by playing the crypto currency market, is that a problem?

I understand fans who are sceptical of whether this consortium has the funds and is not just a hoax.  If the present owner is refusing to talk to potential buyers, that is more of a worry. Does that suggest his statement that he is willing to sell is not true?

Any scepticism comes from a few crypto linked groups doing this with other clubs, announcing intention to buy, grand plans etc. When it comes down to it, have they had the funds ready to go?

Scepticism also comes from our experiences with Chris Moore, TTA, Abdallah Lemsagam. I think it’s 100% the right thing to do to question and scrutinise what substance there is behind this grand plan.

47 minutes ago, Ryan said:

A consortium of millionaires with exciting long-term plans and most people can’t wait to shit all over it. Not to mention the fact that it’s headed by a long-term fan, but it must be dodgy eh…

The fan base or 3 or 4 people on a message board ? 

One thing that makes me sceptical is that AL & MO have so far ignored them (and it sounded a bit too good to be true)...

Let's see if it changes now they've dropped in the cheeky little $85mil line to the media...if it doesn't, it tells me all I need to know.

If I'd read that somebody wanted to buy my house and spend millions of pounds on it... I'd be on the phone quicker than a flash, even if I don't really want to sell it.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

We should accept without question anyone who says they have a plan? 🤔

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

An Non Fungable Token is a digital way of proving you own something.  You get a unique digital code which proves this.  You then hold that code in your digital wallet. You can download it to a special USB storage device locked by a massive long password. It is yours. The value of whatever you own is (the same as anything else) determined by the market for that commodity.  It can be a digital art item, or anything else. In this case a share of the oldham real estate. 

Thanks for that, I really don't have a clue how these things work. I can see what you are saying re the Oldham real estate, but wouldn't the buyer have to purchase the Oldham Real Estate with proper money before creating a NFT. Or am I overthinking this. 

9 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Thanks for that, I really don't have a clue how these things work. I can see what you are saying re the Oldham real estate, but wouldn't the buyer have to purchase the Oldham Real Estate with proper money before creating a NFT. Or am I overthinking this. 

I think you are right, hence why it wasn’t “phase one” of the consortium plan.

it seemed to be later after the initial stabilisation of the club.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

How is it ‘dodgy’ ?

As said previously, there is a lack of regulation around cryptocurrencies and what regulation there is is different around the world. It is very volatile and can be subject to manipulation, which I guess is what gaz_oafc is hinting at when he mentions fans being asked to invest. It is known as the preferrred choice for organised crime money laundering and illicit business payments. I maintain we need straight forward cash rich owners. Maybe they wanted to buy abdallah off in bitcoin and thats why he hasn't talked to them.

However, to try and be balanced, the consortium does appear to have a sensible and thought out plan, which almo have never provided. Who else makes up the consortium will be interesting to find out.

I believe Chris Lee is going to be on GMR this afternoon, so it will be interesting to hear what he says and what develops over the next few weeks. Then hopefully my fears will have been put to bed and it will be something we can get behind

10 minutes ago, Mercater said:

As said previously, there is a lack of regulation around cryptocurrencies and what regulation there is is different around the world. It is very volatile and can be subject to manipulation, which I guess is what gaz_oafc is hinting at when he mentions fans being asked to invest. It is known as the preferrred choice for organised crime money laundering and illicit business payments. I maintain we need straight forward cash rich owners. Maybe they wanted to buy abdallah off in bitcoin and thats why he hasn't talked to them.

However, to try and be balanced, the consortium does appear to have a sensible and thought out plan, which almo have never provided. Who else makes up the consortium will be interesting to find out.

I believe Chris Lee is going to be on GMR this afternoon, so it will be interesting to hear what he says and what develops over the next few weeks. Then hopefully my fears will have been put to bed and it will be something we can get behind

I’ve used the term plan too but it isn’t really. It’s a list of lofty aims and if someone had asked me to come up with a list of aims for the next 7 years it wouldn’t be too far from this. 

A plan would be how they go about achieving those aims.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Excellent news! Hopefully the sale moves through both quickly and smoothly.

Given the high inflationary pressures on all fiat currencies, having non-cash holdings is a smart move.

Luddites gonna Luddite. I’m personally very excited. 

Non cash assets is one thing, crypto’s are another.

Presumably you have borrowed the maximum you can and thrown it all into Bitcoin? You heavily invested? When did you buy? Which crypto’s do you have? Share your tips and rationale. 

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Non cash assets is one thing, crypto’s are another.

Presumably you have borrowed the maximum you can and thrown it all into Bitcoin? You heavily invested? When did you buy? Which crypto’s do you have? Share your tips and rationale. 

It can't be all bad, Ukraine are accepting it and the Russian government hasn't really been interested in the concept.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/ukraine-crypto-airdrop-bitcoin-ethereum-polkadot-b2026642.html

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It can't be all bad, Ukraine are accepting it and the Russian government hasn't really been interested in the concept.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/ukraine-crypto-airdrop-bitcoin-ethereum-polkadot-b2026642.html

Of course they are ‘accepting’ it. It’s a gift. 

Russia has one of the highest rates of personal ownerships of Bitcoin on the planet. 

Archived