Abdallah looking to sell!

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm taking the vow of omerta on this one until there's something of more substance out there.  Dozens of questions that aren't going to be answered on here.

He's answering questions over on Twitter if there's anything you'd like to ask

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

He's answering questions over on Twitter if there's anything you'd like to ask

don't do twitter.  The questions will (I'd hope!) be answered in rather more depth if a proper due diligence process gets underway.  If the level of questioning is whether the home fans will move back to the Chaddy End then anything meaningful there will be lost 

20 minutes ago, Mercater said:

As additions

we are on the same page Mercater

I initially thought he might have been the previously unannounced money man for the FLG 

55 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What we really need is a new stadium. Although I'd settle for having the bird shit cleaned off the seats in RRE for now.

That's not bird shit, it is the fluids of the athleticos after hearing of the messiahs return. 

Love the thought of a a wealthy Oldhamer owning the club and doing as he says.

Want it to work as we all do but I am not won over by that interview.

Nothing to do with crypto neither as I know we live in different times now but more to do with the fact that I know more about him in a 1 hour podcast than any one of our previous and present owners. 

Really hope I am wrong and he is all he says he is and his friends / group too.

Im a pretty glass half full type too.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

So called fan - his last game before Saturday was the 1994 FA Cup Semi Final replay. I understand he's not been in the country a great deal but stated his mother lives locally so i'd have thought as a fan he might have managed to get to the odd game in the previous 28 years.

Not talking to you and your mates is he?

22 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not talking to you and your mates is he?

Not interested in who he talks to to be honest, but if he does want to buy the club he needs to speak with the current owners and he's not done that.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, philwhite said:

Don’t know about ££££s but he did have a bloody big Bentley parked outside the ground with a personalised number plate. Mr 10% Hardy came out to meet him 

I'm glad that's been confirmed. I saw that car as I left the ground and assumed I was seeing things, mentally wrecked after that bloody Carlisle goal.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I'm glad that's been confirmed. I saw that car as I left the ground and assumed I was seeing things, mentally wrecked after that bloody Carlisle goal.

This was also confirmed on BPAS that he turned up in his Bentley and was met by Hardy who took him to the directors box

For those who have criticised the consortium's plan as not having enough detail, more of a wish list etc:

The purpose of this document is to create an understanding to the community and fan base as to our intentions and purpose for the club.

“We will release a fully costed and detailed business plan in due course but until we have sight of the current financial situation, understand the clubs ongoing obligations and ownership structure, it is not yet possible to do this.”

As quoted in the Oldham Times. A perfectly logical, sound and understandable position to take.

2 hours ago, samgoafc said:

This was also confirmed on BPAS that he turned up in his Bentley and was met by Hardy who took him to the directors box

True, I spoke to him, my impression was he's a big fan of the club and genuine.

The sort of guy with a good sense of humour you can have a pint with in the pub and not notice he's a businessman.

I think a telling point of the interview was that he invested in BTC in early 2012. If he had invested $5k in March 2012 his bitcoins would be worth $36.5m today. Something tells me he invested a little bit more than that, along with his pals who he probably met who did the same thing.

There could be serious money at play here. 

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

I think a telling point of the interview was that he invested in BTC in early 2012. If he had invested $5k in March 2012 his bitcoins would be worth $36.5m today. Something tells me he invested a little bit more than that, along with his pals who he probably met who did the same thing.

Serious question as i know very little about crypto currency but how is easy is it to turn that $36.5m back into cash that you can use in everyday life?

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Although he did mention loans when asked about the use of personal wealth he didn't write it off.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Serious question as i know very little about crypto currency but how is easy is it to turn that $36.5m back into cash that you can use in everyday life?

As my limited understanding has it, it can be monetised, but that involves buying stocks and investments, which can then be sold for a monetary value. But, I'm still trying to get my head around it.

You can turn it into tangible assets, like cars etc, which can then be sold on.

6 minutes ago, Mercater said:

As my limited understanding has it, it can be monetised, but that involves buying stocks and investments, which can then be sold for a monetary value. But, I'm still trying to get my head around it.

You can turn it into tangible assets, like cars etc, which can then be sold on.

If somebody tried to buy my car with a digital token they would be told where to shove it. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

If somebody tried to buy my car with a digital token they would be told where to shove it. 

Dealerships are now taking crypto along with other high end producers. Of course there would be fees involved with monetising it so it is not what you want to do as you would be losing money all ways.

But say you wanted to build a load of stuff and the contractor dealt in crypto, wher ethey got immediate payment without fees.

Basically I think he is about being ahead of the curve. Like when we all didn't like the idea of contactless payments, or payment wallets. I rejected the idea initially, but in the last 12mths the only time Ive used cash is in the chippy on a Friday night

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

True, I spoke to him, my impression was he's a big fan of the club and genuine.

The sort of guy with a good sense of humour you can have a pint with in the pub and not notice he's a businessman.

Some people voted the twat currently in number 10 on the basis they thought he was a guy you could have a pint with 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Some people voted the twat currently in number 10 on the basis they thought he was a guy you could have a pint with 

Only in his garden for a business metting though

57 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I think it is a lot easier these days. Platforms like Binance and Coinbase which are available to the average joe have withdrawal limits per day, think the Binance limit is $1m per day.

That being said, he's obviously not an average joe and he will (and should) have access to financial institutions online in the US or here in Europe where you can do a lot more. 

Archived