Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Suzanne Geldard, in today's Oldham Times, is reporting that the paper asked the club for an update on AL's plans to sell the club, and a club spokesman said: "All we can comment on the situation is that conversations are continuing with serious bidders."

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Suzanne Geldard, in today's Oldham Times, is reporting that the paper asked the club for an update on AL's plans to sell the club, and a club spokesman said: "All we can comment on the situation is that conversations are continuing with serious bidders."

That’s interesting- because when AL made the statement that he was willing sell, he said he would talk to any serious bidders- and line above implies people have come forward to buy the club. 

7 hours ago, LaticMark said:

It’s a generic statement and he has form for being about as open and honest as the Kremlin but it’s something 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Most of them will be losing a few bob now due to the financial markets.

The FTSE100 has held up remarkably well, BP. Still well above the 7,000 mark. There is no longer any real logic to the western markets i.e. with Brexit, Covid AND a European war, many would have expected it to plummet to around the 5,500 mark. Quoted Russian companies (and those with strong ties) have, of course, suffered disproportionately.

22 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

The FTSE100 has held up remarkably well, BP. Still well above the 7,000 mark. There is no longer any real logic to the western markets i.e. with Brexit, Covid AND a European war, many would have expected it to plummet to around the 5,500 mark. Quoted Russian companies (and those with strong ties) have, of course, suffered disproportionately.

The FTSE 100 isn't especially relevant for the very wealthy given it is a relatively small part of global market cap.  It is an obsolete index which give no great guide to anything

41 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Let not forget that some of those quoted to be interested in Chelsea probably have a few billion in their bank account without stocks and shares etc and could afford it outright

11 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Let not forget that some of those quoted to be interested in Chelsea probably have a few billion in their bank account without stocks and shares etc and could afford it outright

Highly unlikely. The ultra wealthy don't carry that sort of cash and they certainly don't make purchases in the billions with it.  Countries might be a different matter.

4 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

One local business man, one from abroad apparently rich, the guy on Facebook said there be there this Saturday for game, dont no if this all true though hopefully it is

I shall let you know if any rich looking fellas turn up in front of me in the directors box - be interested to see if AL or Mo (shudder) are there or if they leave the schmoozing to Mr Stephen “the tanned wonder” Brown 

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I shall let you know if any rich looking fellas turn up in front of me in the directors box - be interested to see if AL or Mo (shudder) are there or if they leave the schmoozing to Mr Stephen “the tanned wonder” Brown 

I’m not sure “a guy on face book” is a reliable source. But if there were interested parties, I’m sure the smooth talking agent would be there.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

I’m not sure “a guy on face book” is a reliable source. But if there were interested parties, I’m sure the smooth talking agent would be there.

Don't know what you're talking about, Facebook and Twitter are full of home taught virologists, nuclear scientists, world peacekeepers and videos of cats - you just follow the fake news

17 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

One local business man, one from abroad apparently rich, the guy on Facebook said there be there this Saturday for game, dont no if this all true though hopefully it is

oooo....can you post the link to the FB page? Cheers

Archived