Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Did he confirm any wealth? Talk of them having “made their millions” but has that been confirmed? Do they have funds ready to purchase club and ground?

Not specifically, as I remember. The commentator mentioned the 85M USD and he didn't get to answer. The cost of the club was mentioned by the commentator in Moralees statement which said it was subject to NDA's to which Lees laughed.

47 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So he has been In touch with the club, but yet the club haven't heard from him. Is it me. 

No, it's not you, it's the club or, more specifically, the Lemsagams.
I don't trust a single word they spout.

I'm no super brain on crypto-currency but I am not afraid of new technologies and new forms of currency. let's face it, I haven't used cash since I can remember, my finances are just numbers on an online banking portal. They go, they go down and that's about it.

I'm struggling to see the difference.

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Did he confirm any wealth? Talk of them having “made their millions” but has that been confirmed? Do they have funds ready to purchase club and ground?

Don’t know about ££££s but he did have a bloody big Bentley parked outside the ground with a personalised number plate. Mr 10% Hardy came out to meet him 

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

A consortium of millionaires with exciting long-term plans and most people can’t wait to shit all over it. Not to mention the fact that it’s headed by a long-term fan, but it must be dodgy eh…

No wonder we’re in terminal decline. This fanbase gets everything it deserves.

Asking questions and wondering about the detail and feasibility is not “shitting all over it”

Its the process that occurs in any transaction called due diligence and I would hope the club are equally as cautious and searching (except when AL bought from Corney of course) 

Not everything is black and white people are rightly thinking we want AL to sell but not to some one worse 

Brook and his mates are fans but they’re busy selling pie and peas despite saying they were buying us 2 years ago 

6 hours ago, disjointed said:

So he has been In touch with the club, but yet the club haven't heard from him. Is it me. 

The way I heard it, his consortium has been in touch with the Club, but he has not put himself forward as its leader, so his name would not be recognised by AL.

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

No it isn’t. It’s a fact.

Over 60% correlated in last three months since the interest rate/inflation bite on stocks. 

E9768D18-5C3F-4C6E-9936-98797B9319E0.jpeg.797511f11e7d83ddd0d7830eba1c9398.jpeg

As with most graphs, it’s completely meaningless once you actually compare the figures in question. 

3 months:

Nasdaq -11.75%

BTC -26.56%

>200% difference. I wouldn’t exactly call that “tracked”. 

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

As with most graphs, it’s completely meaningless once you actually compare the figures in question. 

3 months:

Nasdaq -11.75%

BTC -26.56%

>200% difference. I wouldn’t exactly call that “tracked”. 

I don’t think you understand correlation. 

12 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

The way I heard it, his consortium has been in touch with the Club, but he has not put himself forward as its leader, so his name would not be recognised by AL.

Cheers Diego. That would explain it. 

8 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Cheers Diego. That would explain it. 

And shouldn't abdallahs first question have been "Who are the people behind this offer to see if they are legitimate"? It would have been mine.

Having listened to the interview now, the impression is that bitcoin/crypto is an integral part of the funding and business plan rather than just a future 10% of balance sheet. Talk of engaging a global community seems fanciful. 

8 minutes ago, Mercater said:

And shouldn't abdallahs first question have been "Who are the people behind this offer to see if they are legitimate"? It would have been mine.

It depends how they’ve been approached I suppose. When clubs advertise for a new manager they get applications from people talking about taking Southport to the champions league on football manager. They would just dismiss those. Who knows if they get similar sort of offers for the club which get dismissed until something more concrete offered?

18 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Asking questions and wondering about the detail and feasibility is not “shitting all over it”

Its the process that occurs in any transaction called due diligence and I would hope the club are equally as cautious and searching (except when AL bought from Corney of course) 

Not everything is black and white people are rightly thinking we want AL to sell but not to some one worse 

Brook and his mates are fans but they’re busy selling pie and peas despite saying they were buying us 2 years ago 

Bit mean that Chaddy but it did make me chuckle 

On the BBC Manchester ‘interview’ 

It sounded amateurish and really naive to me 

Who goes on BBC Radio telling football supporters of a club how he is going to engage with them when he allegedly hasnt even spoke to the current owner

Get your foot in the door, then get a period of exclusivity regarding the purchase, then rally the support 

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Who knows if they get similar sort of offers for the club which get dismissed until something more concrete offered?

Birkett, Party and Carol sort of characters you mean?

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t think you understand correlation. 

😆catty.

I simply said that they don’t track each other - the % differences between the 2 prices are far too variable. You never mentioned correlation in your OP that I stated was untrue. 

However, I definitely do understand. I use both Stata and SPSS multiple times a week (sadly). 

I believe this back and forth counts as visual pollution, and nobody else wants to read it, so I’m leaving it there. 

LAST WORD

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Lees is on Twitter if anybody’s interested.

@CLLatics 

we’re not falling for this are we lads 

it didnt smell right yesterday but reading his comments to questions, its like standing in a fishing trawler 

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Lees is on Twitter if anybody’s interested.

@CLLatics 

Sounds more like the keyboard troll behind the fake Barry accounts to me.  Thrown his line out & caught a fair number of us.  His replies are intermittent in between his under the desk thumblings excited by the fans salivating over tweets 

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Sounds more like the keyboard troll behind the fake Barry accounts to me.  Thrown his line out & caught a fair number of us.  His replies are intermittent in between his under the desk thumblings excited by the fans salivating over tweets 

There is a pic on with Alan Hardy?

Don't like 60 year old blokes wearing baseball caps! (Unless he's minted and takes us to the Championship.

4 minutes ago, mick26 said:

There is a pic on with Alan Hardy?

Don't like 60 year old blokes wearing baseball caps! (Unless he's minted and takes us to the Championship.

Yeah saw that but anyone can screen grab photos from other accounts.  

Just seems dodgy with all these fake accounts flying around on that #oafc hashtag.  He’s even got the Barry account biting now…

Ill only believe it when the deals done and then only when we see significant investment in the team.  Seen too many false dawns over the last 20 years & plastering yourself across social media isn’t going to convince the Lemsagams to do a deal.  Money talks…..

Archived