Abdallah looking to sell!

6 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone on his Q and A last night who can summarise or give their thoughts?

im in Twitter jail for calling Jacob Reese Mogg a cunt so can’t see the hashtag 

Not like you to be abusing people...

And you don't need you to be logged in to view the hashtag.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Midsblue said:

CL definitely a fan or has done his homework on the club, history etc.  The headline statement for me was CL reiterating a number of times that he believes there are no other parties interested in the club irrespective of what everyone else is saying.  He also intimated that there were ulterior motives over talk of the sale and told fans to join the dots.

I may be adding 2 & 2 to get 5 but impression I got from some comments that he believes AL & Blitz both keen for the worst to happen, relegation and the club folds. This then unlocks the stadium & land from any covenant so it can be redeveloped and the club is no more.  Again, any intimation was extremely vague so I could be 100% wrong on what he was meaning.

Reiterated his plan to acquire the stadium and buy the badge - said his “acquisitions team” is talking to Blitz on the stadium but it’s very early days but AL/AM blanking him on buying the club.  When pressed what more he could do, he urged the fans listening that they could & should do more - campaign MPs & counsellors, continually ring the club switchboard & seemed to criticise that protests ended when AL said he would sell.  

When asked about plans, wealth etc he told people to read the Oldham Times article again and that he wouldn’t get into discussing wealth, playing budgets etc until a deal is done.  Did say that should be successful then he’d reinstate Shez as Manager rather than Head Coach so Shez had free reign on all footballing matters with zero interference from him and his board.  Also mentioned that he’d have a Sporting Director though but didn’t go into too much detail.

Weird call really.  Seemed to be a small number of fans selected to speak and it was more a slagfest if current regime rather than next steps, plans etc.  Admittedly the slagging off was the fans dialling in and CL wouldn’t go into views on current owners, what’s gone on in last 3 seasons etc.  Just criticised that they’re still refusing to speak with him despite him willing to buy the club.

Nothing really of interest and a reiteration of everything already referenced in newspaper features on him during the Carlisle game.

Rightly so BPAS and BTP are remaining impartial and cautious on CLs plans & motives until a deal is struck or they’re involved in assessing the runners and riders in the race to acquire OAFC.

I’m torn having slept on it.  Seems like a genuine fan, eccentric bordering on the odd, knows a lot about the history over the last 10 years or so on ownership, motives etc.  I tweeted Talksport to get him on White & Jordan - keen to know if it’s all talk or there is wealth and action behind his pitch.  Get both parties talking and we’ll soon see if he has the money, contacts etc to put the plans in motion.

He's definitely divided the fans with some backtracking in recent days from the CL bandwagon.  A few are extremely hostile but uncertain if these are the AL sympathisers behind the fake Twitter account especially the Barry one.  Amazing how within minutes someone had unearthed a “Come Dine with Me” episode from 2016 where CL was on it but called Kristian Devore and a actor/musician from Cotswolds.  CL dismissed this as producers asking him to go on, play the eccentric etc.  Weird it was 2016 and at a time the CL said he’s been living abroad for years and rarely in country - perhaps he is the fantasist that a few are suggesting?!

My heart wants it to be true.  He’s a character, if he has the money and plans then if he bought the club it’ll be another rollercoaster and if he’s genuine then it could springboard us.  My head is still out with the jury though.

Reasonable summary :)

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Tonight’s Twitter takedown by BPAS is fairly brutal. 

The whole OAFC hashtag has been fucking gold. Barry getting officially unmasked by Matt Dean, Daphne-from-Scooby-Doo style was a particular highlight.

This club of ours. 🙌

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The whole OAFC hashtag has been fucking gold. Barry getting officially unmasked by Matt Dean, Daphne-from-Scooby-Doo style was a particular highlight.

This club of ours. 🙌

I genuinely thought it was some sad bitter little individual impersonating Barry Owen I thought he would be above that. Turns out the embittened one was actually him All along. You can imagine him sat there at 1am in the morning infront of a laptop thumping the desk can't you.

And as for that bastard Neil Joy 😡

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I genuinely thought it was some sad bitter little individual impersonating Barry Owen I thought he would be above that. Turns out the embittened one was actually him All along. You can imagine him sat there at 1am in the morning infront of a laptop thumping the desk can't you.

What's Neil Joy done?

As for Barry, he would have got away with it, if it wasn't for the pesky meddling podcast! Lol.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He had me hook, line and sinker - I genuinely thought that for all his faults he was a better person than what that account spewed

I guess we can safely suspect the newer Karl Evans account and the amount of fakes were his doing as the content was very similar 

28 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He had me hook, line and sinker - I genuinely thought that for all his faults he was a better person than what that account spewed

I guess we can safely suspect the newer Karl Evans account and the amount of fakes were his doing as the content was very similar 

Me too, was 100% convinced it was a fake account! I never would have had him pegged as a Cardi B fan.

57 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

What's Neil Joy done?

As for Barry, he would have got away with it, if it wasn't for the pesky meddling podcast! Lol.

In probably the most bizarre exchange of my time posting on here over the last 15 years which has probably wasted far too much of my life Barry Owen accused me of being Neil Joy.

His thinking here is that Neil Joy lives round Glossop therefore he thought we were the same person. If you read my posts at the time which have been less than complimentary about him it probably gave you an  idea of the relationship he had with Neil Joy aswell. 

I don't have social media anymore, but I've just scrolled the #oafc hashtag on Twitter. I was curious to see what has gone on. Blimey. Far too many egos on there (the #oafc and Social Media in general). What a mess this situation has become. 😂

10 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I liked a quote I saw this morning when a chelsea fan said that at least if they went into div 2 he might at last be able to afford a ticket for a game

Even more so in the Southern Counties league.

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What happens if Chelsea go bust now?

46 minutes ago, Mercater said:

We all have a good laugh?

35 minutes ago, Mercater said:

My sister lives in Ewell and I went for a pint one afternoon and the pub was full of chelsea fans, what a load of absolute bastards

After the way (some of) their fans behaved at the weekend during the Ukraine support I couldn’t have laughed more at today’s news 

Chelsea will be bought out by some other rich person either from the US or Middle East and it will happen fairly quickly. Guarantee they will have new owners before we do and it will be business as usual

Archived