Non league! What to expect

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What to expect is most clubs up ing their games against us and some stick being given us.

Still new away grounds  for a change and knowing Shez will be doing his best for us with a team giving their all.Thats what i want anyway

6 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

What to expect is most clubs up ing their games against us and some stick being given us.

Still new away grounds  for a change and knowing Shez will be doing his best for us with a team giving their all.Thats what i want anyway

Nothing will change until these owners are gone. We need to flush them out. 

12 hours ago, Flemboy said:

That in itself is a problem people are too satisfied with mediocrity. Shez doing his best is not enough for us.

I won't step foot in Boundary Park until the owners have gone. 

Infact it's not even mediocrity it's abject rubbish.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Anyone heard that the Lowry Hotel are chasing AL for unpaid bill?

Yes. I heard stories a few years back about the Lemsagams swanning around The Lowry Hotel with their clients enjoying the facilities and some people that work their thinking they were a right couple of arrogant chancers.

10 hours ago, mick26 said:

Anyone owed money by OAFC has to chase them for payment.

They seem to run a payment list.  If you are luck you can get moved to the priority list.

In the first couple of AL years the excuses were we are waiting for money from the owner to be deposited. In the past 2 years it has been, we are waiting for a deposit from the EFL or TV or some other source. There was definitely a change in the excuses which suggested to me the club had become self sustaining in the main.

14 hours ago, Marco said:

Maidstone were offering 600 segregated places, including 30 seats at the front. For NLS we went non segregated for all games except Kent derbies where the police restricted numbers to 300. Nobody knows How far along the black netting will be next season. Some of you will remember the ground from when you knocked us out of the FA Cup a few years back.

Hello Marco

Yes I remember our day out at Maidstone very well, a decent pub up near the prison and your catering team were great even going as far to supply gravy for the pies (Northern Boys Love Gravy!!).

We were so well treated by your fans, the staff, the stewards even the odd policeman/woman that when I got home I remember sending the club an e-mail complementing them on the club, it's staff and organisation in general. Something we are well short of here!!!

Good luck next season - but remember we need to be back in the football league so be gentle on us!!

Sadly the Swan pub is no more, but plenty of other options in the town when you next visit. Based on observations of similar clubs who come down, I predict lower mid table in your first season, before becoming a play off regular (assuming you sort the problems that brought you here). As others have mentioned, it’s a tough old graveyard of a league to escape from, with more big clubs than our last time. We don’t have a new stand to pay for this time and are generally well run, so quite hopeful of survival. And yes, we’ll be insufferable if we take a big scalp. I last visited Oldham when you were Premier League, so quite the change. Best of luck for next season.

14 hours ago, mick26 said:

Well, I've stayed there a few times. They take your card details when you check in, so I don't see how he's got away with it, but, then again, I don't know how it actually works. 

Pity I didn't see him on one of my visits. Then again, perhaps for the best. I wouldn't like to be barred.

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Well, I've stayed there a few times. They take your card details when you check in, so I don't see how he's got away with it, but, then again, I don't know how it actually works. 

Pity I didn't see him on one of my visits. Then again, perhaps for the best. I wouldn't like to be barred.

know that Nepo and some of the other "french guys " were staying here https://g.page/CitySuites?share as bumped into them whilst delivering a wine cooler to a certain mr Gundawan a few years ago 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's probably for mere mortals like us and not for the likes of big Abs and Mourinho etc.

Anyway he says it wasn't him who stayed there for a few months and he didn't sign anything so the £70k+ debt isn't his 🤣.

5 hours ago, Marco said:

Sadly the Swan pub is no more, but plenty of other options in the town when you next visit. Based on observations of similar clubs who come down, I predict lower mid table in your first season, before becoming a play off regular (assuming you sort the problems that brought you here). As others have mentioned, it’s a tough old graveyard of a league to escape from, with more big clubs than our last time. We don’t have a new stand to pay for this time and are generally well run, so quite hopeful of survival. And yes, we’ll be insufferable if we take a big scalp. I last visited Oldham when you were Premier League, so quite the change. Best of luck for next season.

The Flower Pot pub is worth a visit if you like decent beer 👍

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

As a matter of interest who owns Chesterfield's stadium?

The club was sold to Chesterfield FC Community Trust by the previous owner, Dave Allen in August 2020.

The implication is that the Trust owns the stadium but I can find no authentic confirmation of this.

The initial cost to build the stadium in 2010 was £13m. 

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The club was sold to Chesterfield FC Community Trust by the previous owner, Dave Allen in August 2020.

The implication is that the Trust owns the stadium but I can find no authentic confirmation of this.

The initial cost to build the stadium in 2010 was £13m. 

Any idea of the sale price?

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Any idea of the sale price?

From The Derbyshire Times:

”The Chesterfield FC Community Trust, which is a charity, has bought the club from Dave Allen after acquiring loans of £500,000 from Chesterfield Borough Council and Derbyshire County Council.

The deal is subject to National League approval, but we are told it is a formality. 

The £1m loan from the councils has been used to buy the club and run it going forward.”

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

From The Derbyshire Times:

”The Chesterfield FC Community Trust, which is a charity, has bought the club from Dave Allen after acquiring loans of £500,000 from Chesterfield Borough Council and Derbyshire County Council.

The deal is subject to National League approval, but we are told it is a formality. 

The £1m loan from the councils has been used to buy the club and run it going forward.”

Could it work for us?

Archived