Non league! What to expect

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wait until you search “national league lottery funding” on Twitter. No criteria for how distribution was calculated was ever revealed, with certain clubs benefiting way beyond their size or lost income during covid, and a report covered up. For Maidstone, this meant clubs with a fraction of our attendance got several times as much money.

3 hours ago, Marco said:

Opening day fixtures???

Dorking away for you chaps would be quite the baptism of fire, if true.

Aside from the likelihood of this not being true as these fixture leaks usually aren't...

...what a cruel opening day fixture that is for Torquay's travelling fans!

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

This and the Boxing Day fixture (Altrincham away) just seem like someone’s best guess to me….

I think Altrincham would be at Wreham and we would play Halifax home and away as it is normally done on geographic location over the holiday period.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I think Altrincham would be at Wreham and we would play Halifax home and away as it is normally done on geographic location over the holiday period.

Teams can request to play each other over the festive period and I believe that one club across the M62 has requested a boxing day/NYD double header against Oldham...

not tellin u how l know this but The Stench is proper at it w the police and the authorities trying to be involved in fixture decisions and painting horrific worst case scenarios.

l'm not talking ticket decisions (he's at that too, it probably needs a leyton orient away last season type response from us) l'm talking about he is tryna be involved in decisions about actual fuckin days we play on 🤬

he isn't really goin to be allowed but his loud bullshit and a few bits of pie has probably stuck in some important eye somewhere.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

not tellin u how l know this but The Stench is proper at it w the police and the authorities trying to be involved in fixture decisions and painting horrific worst case scenarios.

l'm not talking ticket decisions (he's at that too, it probably needs a leyton orient away last season type response from us) l'm talking about he is tryna be involved in decisions about actual fuckin days we play on 🤬

he isn't really goin to be allowed but his loud bullshit and a few bits of pie has probably stuck in some important eye somewhere.

What's his reasoning behind this? I know that Tranmere often play on a Friday due to Liverpool/Everton. Is it that he thinks it will have the same effect on Latics that it does with them? Didn't Warnock moot something similar when he was in charge here? Sure we had a few Friday night games and not for TV...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

What's his reasoning behind this? I know that Tranmere often play on a Friday due to Liverpool/Everton. Is it that he thinks it will have the same effect on Latics that it does with them? Didn't Warnock moot something similar when he was in charge here? Sure we had a few Friday night games and not for TV...

I do realise I've just assumed you mean he wants to move games to a Friday so apologies if I'm wrong...

Archived