Club Statement 25.04.22

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Accounts are released a year late as I'm sure you well know so your chief accountant signed then off and then had to back track when someone "competant" looked at them 

Due diligence 

So released when? June 19? When did he start working for Oldham...?

12 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Still decent?

Only time I remember us getting booed off after a win was the 1-0 away at hopeless Stockport that season. I think it was a pretty rubbish season all in all. 39 goals in 46 games!

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Accounts are released a year late as I'm sure you well know so your chief accountant signed then off and then had to back track when someone "competant" looked at them 

Due diligence 

From memory. It was Shahed brother and partner of the business they were/are in.

They made Philippa wait a good 90mins hoping she would go away and talked about her through paper thin walls....made her more determined not to leave the premises that Friday afternoon. Never mind the scathing attack on credentials afterwards

Another thing that grates with me about this statement is them urging fans to support the club which can only mean financially, without giving any official statement on the court case the club is involved with.

What are the current outstanding, ongoing and expected total legal fees? By trying to lure fans in with Shez and vague promises of promotion pushes, how can fans be sure that their money isn't going to be spent on this legal case?

Sadly confirms what we all probably know and suspect, that this regime are incapable of learning from their multitude of errors in the past and are still completely delusional about their capabilities. 

Abdallah's regime told us previously that it shouldn't be that hard to get back to League One...... he also promised to keep financially supporting it until it was self sufficient.

Just the same old false promises and half arsed and half hearted statements designed to fob off an already alienated support. 

Embarrassing  

• Like 1

Would it really matter if they told you what you you wanted to hear….they are serial liars and this is just the usual bull shit statement for which we have become accustomed.

They promise so much yet offer so little. Their track record suggests they simply cannot be trusted!

We have proved to potential purchasers that we have a super loyal fanbase and massive potential. We have to hope there are seriously interested parties willing to take this club back to where it belongs.

I am finished with this lot and new ownership is now the only thing that will get me back to Boundary Park.

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Absolutely brainless to appoint Sheridan. When did he last build a decent side? 2010...?

Carlisle in 2018 before making what was, in hindsight, a stupid move to Chesterfield where he performed badly.  Since then it's been basket cases for him to try and sort out.

If you remember to start from the position that we are only told what they think we want to hear the statement is as expected.  You can't take it at face value because it has no value.  They just want you to renew your season card - don't do it!

The reasoning re budget is so wrong as to display childish ineptitude - on second thoughts that is hard on children.  The budget will be changed because the ballon payments do not replace what we are getting.  As noted by many our budget isn't going to be enough to avoid another relegation battle.

Finally the last thing they are committed to do is to sell the club hence my decision not to renew.  My money goes to the new owner if/when we have one.  I hope I live long enough.

• Like 1