Prediction League 22/23 Season

12 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Will fix tonight :chubb:

Think there was a glitch last week which affected a few preds which went in during a short period of time. Hopefully yours is the last of the issues.

I put a few predictions in at the same time as I am working in a place where I was unsure of Internet coverage. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another season done and dusted!

Prem

Congrats to @lookersstandandy who's strong performance over the final month sees him take home the title. Honorary mentions to @tGWB for running him close, and @nzlatic, @astottie and @Hometownclub who take the remainder of the european places. Down the bottom @Londonboy finishes well adrift. @Handsy and @Nohairdontcare make up the remaining relegation places, with @24hoursfromtulsehill and @Ex_pat just about surviving.

Championship

In the second tier @deyres42 wins the league and @Laticsbiffo comes 2nd - both miles ahead of the rest. @Stevie_J, @Dave_Og, @Dick_Valentine, and @DavidCollinge make up the playoff spots - more detail on these to follow. @singe , @oafcmad09 and @adamoafc end up in the relegation spots.

League 1

@PeteWeb takes home the title, followed by @MrPartyPants6. The playoff spots are filled by @rosa, @alien, @futchers briefs and @JohnG123 - the latter edging out @hinchy on goal difference (more points gained via 'correct result'). Down the bottom @another fan scores a perfect zero!

I'll sort out the funds for the charity and for OWTB once we've had the final bill from Microsoft. See you all next season?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, astottie said:

Thanks for organising it again, it's been fun. Sometimes more  fun than watching the actual games we were predicting.....

What do you mean sometimes? It's the only thing that's kept me interested. 

Congrats to all league winners and commiserations to those relegated. Big thank you to Metty for running it, and we'll done Lookersstandandy for finally removing the asterisk. 

• Like 1

Thanks to @oafcmetty for all the efforts running this prediction league.

In my opinion one of the best organised prediction leagues going. It deserves more members.

Well done to all those who won leagues/got promoted.

For those that did not do so well, next year you will be able to come back stronger to show this season was a blip.

On a personal note, from winning it last year, to just avoiding relegation this year.

It just show how tough the top league is getting since more people joined up a few years ago, and it was structured into 3/4 leagues.

I wish you all well for the close season, and commiserations to those England cricket fans after losing to Australia in the up coming (Northern) summer.

• Matt unpinned this topic