Next Manager

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Well, in my opinion, it beats having a dinosaur fraudster in the first year of a six year suspension as the number 2. (Sheridan’s judgement this time round!?…Christ!)

Welcome John. 

I don't know what the bloody hell is going on down at B.P. they seem to be appointing competent people in influential positions. More than a bit miffed I'll miss today and probably Tuesday, just tested positive, we'll probably win them both now!

1 minute ago, C.O.JONES said:

I don't know what the bloody hell is going on down at B.P. they seem to be appointing competent people in influential positions. More than a bit miffed I'll miss today and probably Tuesday, just tested positive, we'll probably win them both now!

Unsworth alluded to an addition to the medical team next week in his interview too

Can't get used to this proper football club lark 

23 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Unsworth alluded to an addition to the medical team next week in his interview too

Can't get used to this proper football club lark 

It's wonderful isn't it. Even if we lose today I'm confident in the future. It's exciting times to be an Oldham fan.

2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

I blame all that globe trotting… 

1 hour ago, penrhyn said:

Have to say that we have a pretty formidable well balanced coaching and management set up taking shape. Cant believe some of the knobhead comments about todays game though .

It looks positive, I’m hoping in the coming weeks we will have a formidable and well balanced squad too. 

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No. I’ve seen him play a few times for Salford. I made a comment at how bad he was. He gets it in centre mid and just hoofs it in the sky. I’m not joking. 

An obvious Sheridan signing then….Christ he signed some shite didn’t he?

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

No. I’ve seen him play a few times for Salford. I made a comment at how bad he was. He gets it in centre mid and just hoofs it in the sky. I’m not joking. 

I’m not surprised if I’m being honest 

Think its pretty obvious it was always the intention to have a change of manager which was probably a mutual agreement. Cant help thinking though that some budget/transfer funds were held back. I also expect to see a few players leave this week reading betwen the lines of Unsworth comments about the treatment room. I an see him wanting to bring in another 4-5 players ,there may well be a few suprise departures.

1 minute ago, penrhyn said:

Think its pretty obvious it was always the intention to have a change of manager which was probably a mutual agreement. Cant help thinking though that some budget/transfer funds were held back. I also expect to see a few players leave this week reading betwen the lines of Unsworth comments about the treatment room. I an see him wanting to bring in another 4-5 players ,there may well be a few suprise departures.

I thought that aswell. I may be giving Sheridan the benefit of the doubt here but it was more a case of scrambling a squad together of what he could using what contacts he had rather than being able to truly sit down and strategically build a squad. Unsworth is taking on a job which is far more attractive and has far more backing both financially and on a personal level.

Amongst all these going’s on, the ‘Fat Bastard’ who came in at the 11th hour and managed to keep Stevenage up at our expense has now, after just one close season and one transfer window, managed to catapult them to the top of the 2nd division.

He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but fair play, he manages to build successful sides more often than not!!!

Am I jealous?……damn right I am!!

47 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Amongst all these going’s on, the ‘Fat Bastard’ who came in at the 11th hour and managed to keep Stevenage up at our expense has now, after just one close season and one transfer window, managed to catapult them to the top of the 2nd division.

He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but fair play, he manages to build successful sides more often than not!!!

And with that useless donkey at centre half too...

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Meanwhile we are told we've got to be patient whilst we bore our way to a point at Maidehead - if we are lucky. 

Oh and they are doing it on crowds which are a third of ours. Seems a long time ago since we won there 1-0 and looked like staying up.

Since we won there on the road it's been;

Played 9

Won 0

Drew 3

Lost 6

For 4 

Against 16

Total distance travelled is 3038 miles just for the privilege, not difficult to see why fans get frustrated and for me this myth that being conservative and pragmatic will somehow reap any rewards is complete bollocks, Barnet scored more away at Wreham yesterday than we have in the last seven months, I gave up going away after York as it's just a massive disappointment, respect to those who still go but there needs to be a change in attitude for me to bother with a 500 mile trip and a spoilt weekend, we don't even have a go anymore and literally play for a 0-0.

Archived