National League Thread

55 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Genuinely think if we get 2 players of the quality of Bostock and Palmer in our team next season we go up they dominate almost every game at this level.

I say that and he goes and fucks that penalty.

Doesn't matter in the end.

Us and Chesterfield challenging for the title next season then...

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Penalties...

Picture it 12 months from now it us in this situation how you feeling?

meh. its division five, even if we won the league l probably wouldnt even celebrate nevermind scrape the play offs*

*this is almost certainly complete bollocks and needs the salt grinder.

• Like 1

Oxford City three up. They average 500. The ground is not as good as Curzon...or Stalybridge...or Hyde...or many other clubs further down the leagues.

Still, always liked going to Oxford. The old Manor Ground had a lot of 'character.' Didn't it have 6-7 different stands.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

meh. its division five, even if we won the league l probably wouldnt even celebrate nevermind scrape the play offs*

*this is almost certainly complete bollocks and needs the salt grinder.

A minority who have absolutely nailed their colours to the Unsworth out camp will probably say and think this on social media (I know you are not one of them)

When ofcourse that moment happens and we win promotion they will be celebrating like the rest of us.

27 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Oxford City three up. They average 500. The ground is not as good as Curzon...or Stalybridge...or Hyde...or many other clubs further down the leagues.

Still, always liked going to Oxford. The old Manor Ground had a lot of 'character.' Didn't it have 6-7 different stands.

Yeah I think it was 7 individual stands a bizarre ground it really was. Ironically the Kassam has 3 stands these days so perhaps now over like a 50 year period they have averaged 4 stands. Good away day I suppose though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

A minority who have absolutely nailed their colours to the Unsworth out camp will probably say and think this on social media (I know you are not one of them)

When ofcourse that moment happens and we win promotion they will be celebrating like the rest of us.

it was actually my first reaction when l read it!! some form of ill claimed arrogant gradeur complex that swills around in there.

ld like to think l could maybe compose myself enough not to go embarrassingly bonkers but l'm obviously failing to account for the emotion of the moment.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I hope all Latics fans will be celebrating  even those like me who still have reservations about Unsworth having been to the majority of home and away games  supporting our club.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

There must be 5/6 at Harrogate…terrible “ramshacklery”

National League 2023 - 24

AFC Fylde
Aldershot Town
Altrincham
Barnet
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Chesterfield
Dagenham & Redbridge
Dorking Wanderers
Eastleigh